• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim

Hello. Not sure if this is correct place to post but any advice appreciated. My son has received a claim from business centre for late filing of accounts for his limited company. He is planning to dissolve business. Looks like he may be too late to respond in date. He didn’t look at letter in time. If the court issue a judgement who does it go against. Claim is in business name. Hope this makes sense. Date of issue was 29th July.
    Tags: None

Can you post the Claim Form please.

Is your son a director of the company in question?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Comment

Hope this helps. Not very good with this kind of thing and yes he is a director. But his intention is to dissolve the company.

Comment

You said that the "claim is in the business name". Please confirm whether your son is named as defendant.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The government guidance "Late filing penalties" updated 24 July 2023 states the fine is against the company. If the fine is late again the following year the fine may be doubled to £750
            The company can appeal a late filing fine but the circumstances have to be exceptional
            Not filing company accounts is a criminal offence and the director may be fined in the criminal court
            The fine must still be paid if the company is dormant or is yet to be dissolved

Comment

Section 453 Companies Act 2006 imposes a civil penalty on directors of companies which do not comply with the statutory obligations for filing accounts.

This section is mentioned in the Claim Form which is why I have asked whether the OP's son is named as defendant.

Comment

The claim is in the company name and yes he is a director.

Comment

If the lad is not named as defendant, then no case is being pursued against him. He can decide what to do on behalf of the company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X