• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old debts/credit agencies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old debts/credit agencies

Hi, I have an old Egg/Citi credit card debt from 2004, which has been bought and serviced by several different credit agencies over the years and with Moorcroft for the last 5. It has long since fallen off my credit report. I continue to service this debt with a monthly SO. Today I received a letter from Barclaycard who must own Egg informing me that my account had been transferred from Moorcroft to PRA . PRA would now service the account but continue making payment to Moorecroft . More worrying the letter form barclaycard states the following
    ' We will close entry on your credit report and PRA will create a new entry and start sending updates to credit reference agencies . The details will be the same on both entires so it will be clear they are from the same account. Keep making payments to Moorcroft.
    Enclosed was a letter form PRA telling me that had purchased the account and they have said in their letter
    'PRA had been assigned the benefits and rights title and interest of the account and where required we will provide updates on your account to credit reference agencies .
    The debt is very old and I thought they could not do this. Are these just threats . My credit score is excellent now and ver woorried about this. Can you advise

Kind regards
    Pinkish
    Tags: None

Try not to worry, somebody will be along shortly to give you a complete overview of your position which is favourable as this is a pre April 2007 agreement and the credit card company must have the correct documentation to enforce this agreement which is highly unlikely with a 2004 Egg card . You will be advised to contact PRA once you get the letters through confirming their ownership of the account. You then need to make a formal request for the Consumer credit act agreement enclosing a £1 postal fee for this requirement. PRA are fully aware of their responsibilities and will put the account on hold whilst they endeavour to find this agreement, which is doubtful , or send you a reconstituted agreement which must be a true copy of the original, which again is highly unlikely. Stop paying them and retake control . They are aggressive, but are fully aware of the FCA guidance in relation to these matters Stop worrying and follow the process.

Comment

To clarify a £1 postal order for the CCA request.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X