• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice regarding credit card debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason you have just started getting an avalanche of contact is because your debt has only just been sold to Cabot.

Barclays had basically done bugger all about trying to collect it for years and then decided it was easier to just sell it to Cabot for a small sum and get it off their books. For Cabot this is now a new debt for them to try and collect and they keep all the money they manage to get from you. So they had every incentive to start aggressive attempts to get you to pay up from the moment the debt was "assigned" (sold) to them.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Sorry I miss read your post

Is there away of checking that Barclays have sold my debt to them ? Without having to contact them

I did look on Credit Karma today I know it’s not updated daily but it is still saying Barclays open and the said amount

Apologise

Comment

Ha I just seen your most recent post

yes you’re right about Barclays and very respectful to Barclays

Comment

Yes this is the reason I want to have as much information as possible about

final settlement and what is a reasonable amount
          how much per month if I have to pay
          chances of it being wrote off ( due to my disability mental health )

Also about payments when they actually stopped the Credit Karma says December 2021 ( I believe it to be July 21 )

Also the information I can find it also states I opened the account 2003

Which isn’t true

Was 1997/98

Will they have all this information the new owners of the debt ?

Thanks

Comment

Good evening

I’ve spoken to CAB today I’m now awaiting the letter to gove my consent

Also a way forward which is

1- Ask for it to be wrote off
            2- Offer a small payment
            3- Final settlement ( Just under the amount to bankrupt myself )

While I feel a lot better about it now

Yesterday evening after I posted the txt I received 2 missed calls from them in the space of 20 minutes

While I understand that it makes perfect sense for a debt company to read public forums ( It did unnerved me )

Ive received a further 2 calls today

How should I word a email to them to say I’m seeking advice and will be in touch in due course ? As I’ve just said is that ok

Also should I ask for them for these
            1. default notice
            2. letter of claim
            3. claim pack
            Thank you

Comment

Sorted
              Last edited by Floppers; 28th July 2024, 11:17:AM. Reason: Just trying to delete old post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X