• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi new here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new here

Hi I知 new here and not sure if I am writing this in the correct place so please correct me if I知 wrong. Today I received a visit from a man from resolve call, but I have never had a phone call or letter from the company so I知 not really sure what to do. I closed the door on him as he wouldn稚 confirm why he wanted to know if I was who he was looking for and I suffer from severe anxiety, so he has posted a letter through my door telling me to contact their head office. Any debts I have are years old but I知 not even sure which debt they are chasing as they致e never sent me any letters. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Welcome Nigirl this forum area is fine.

We are a volunteer community so our experts are not always online. I am sure someone will be along to assist.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can稚 always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Resolvecall are not bailiffs and have no legal right to enter your property. If they call again you can either not answer the door or tell the agent to stop harassing you or you will make a formal complaint to Resolvecall and report them to the police.
      Wait to see if you get a follow up letter which may explain why they are chasing you

Comment

Resolvecall are debt collectors and may be trying to trace a person whose address is unknown to the creditor and then try to collect the debt. Typically they will search credit reference agency records and other sources of information to try to find an alleged debtor's current address then they visit the house to confirm they have found the person they are looking for. That's probably what's happened in your case. That doesn't mean you owe a debt of course - the person they are looking for might not even be you!

As Pezza says above, debt collectors have zero legal powers and can do nothing - no powers of entry, no right to take goods and property, no right to insist you ID yourself, no right to insist you discuss anything with them.

They blather on about how they want to help you "engage" with the debt but you do not have to engage with Resolvecall and can tell them to go away.

If they do come back tell them to write to you explaining what they want (NOT write telling you to call them). You are within your rights to insist that you will 'engage' with Resolvecall only via post and they must not contact you by doorstep visit, phone or email.
        Last edited by PallasAthena; 10th July 2024, 09:31:AM.
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X