• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Charge -Stansted Airport BP - Double Yellow Line.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Charge -Stansted Airport BP - Double Yellow Line.

Hello.
    I have received this lovely letter from MET Parking.
    By pure luck, somehow ended up in this forum and managed sent them my response with a template found here, but after some time they refused to accept it and now I have the POPLA code.
    I'm new to all this, and slightly worried that they may make me to pay it somehow.
    Is there a template with response which would fit my circumstances?
    Date of issue of this latter was 10th of June, but I have received this around 15th or 17th. My appeal was submitted on the 17th.The response to my appeal came on the 29th.
    The email I provided to them isn't my main, so just 2 days ago I've noticed their response.
    What can I do to save myself £60 or £100?

Any help highly welcome
    Thank You.

I cant upload any attachments, so here is the letter itself.

At 15:01 on 12 May 2024 at (782) BP Stansted SF Connect, Stansted, CM24 1PY the vehicle with registration number LF 14ECE was observed parked in an apparent breach of the terms and conditions that are displayed on signs in prominent places around the parking area and that those motorists entering the site agree to be bound by. As a result, this parking charge notice, which is now immediately payable, has been issued The reason for issuing the charge notice is: No parking, waiting, loading or unloading on yellow lines (782)

The driver of the above vehicle is liable for a parking charge in the above amount which, at the date of this notice, remains unpaid in full and for which the balance due remains outstanding. This charge relates to the period of parking immediately prior to 15:01 on 12 May 2024 specified above the charge having been incurred for the reason stated and liability for the same having been brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage in and around the site at the time of parking Payment is now required in the sum of £100, however, if payment is received within 14 days of this notice then a reduced amount of £60 will be accepted in full and final settlement. We, MET Parking Services Limited, are the creditor. At the time of this notice We do not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and as the registered keeper of the vehicle you are now invited to either pay the unpaid parking charge or, if you were not the driver of the vehicle, to notify us of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver AND pass this notice on to the driver.

Re: Parking Charge Notice Number AB22429302 (Vehicle: LF14)
    Site: (782) BP Stansted SF Connect
    Issue date: 10/06/2024
    POPLA Verification Code: 3861814024
    Thank you for your correspondence received in regards to the above parking charge.
    The terms and conditions of parking are clearly stated on signs prominently displayed in this area. These include that
    vehicles must not park, wait, load or unload on yellow lines. Your vehicle was observed breaching these terms therefore
    we believe the charge was issued correctly and we are upholding it.
    We note your comments however there is a car park at the rear of the shop where vehicles may park as well as the
    bays at the front of the shop. We are confident there are sufficient signs at this location bringing the terms and
    conditions of parking to the attention of motorists and it remains the driver's responsibility to check the signs where they
    park and comply with the terms and conditions.
    We refer you to the Supreme Court ruling in ParkingEye v Beavis which may be found at
    https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...0-judgment.pdf. This ruling revolved around a charge of similar
    size and nature and the judges ruled that the charge need not represent the loss suffered, was not excessive or
    unconscionable, did not breach the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations and was enforceable.
    This decision, which has been based on the facts of the case and takes into account our consideration of any mitigating
    circumstances, is our final decision. You have reached the end of our internal appeals procedure and you now have a number of options:
    1. Pay or, if you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the incident, request the driver to pay the parking charge
    at the prevailing price of £60.00 within 14 days of today's date. Please note that if payment is not received by this date
    the parking charge will be payable at £100.00 and further costs will accrue if the case is passed to our debt resolution
    agents for collection or if we need to proceed with court action to collect the money due to us. Payment may be made
    online at www.paymetparking.com or by phone on 020 3781 7471.
    2. Make an appeal to POPLA, the Independent Appeals Service, within 28 days of the date of this letter by going to the
    online appeals system at: www.popla.co.uk using verification code: 3861814024 Please note that POPLA will consider
    the evidence of both parties and make their decision based upon the facts and application of the relevant law. Please
    note that if you opt to appeal to POPLA, and should POPLA's decision NOT go in your favour, you will be required to
    pay the full amount of £100.00. Please note if the contravention occurred in Scotland only the driver may appeal to
    POPLA. By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org) provides
    an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not
    chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do
    so to POPLA as explained above.
    3. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may
    proceed with court action.
    Tags: None

Here are the letters.
    Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X