• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/RBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/RBS

Hi, I have an outstanding RBS debt with Lowell (was originally with Hoist). The debt is over 10 years old. I wrote to Lowell requesting a copy of the CCA realted to this account . They acknowledged my request and a second letter told me that they were waiting information from RBS. yesterday I received a letter from Lowell stating the following' You requested documents under sections 77 and 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Royal Bank of Scotland have provided a copy of the documents , which we have enclosed. This fulfils our obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. What they have enclosed and sent to me is copies of six credit card statements from 2020 and a copy of thier general conditions applying to the credit card. There is no signed CCA. Please can you advise how I take this forward.
    Kind regards Pinkish
    Tags: None

Take what forward? Why did you ask for a copy of the CCA? Have Lowell started court action against you?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
      Take what forward? Why did you ask for a copy of the CCA? Have Lowell started court action against you?
      I have been informed by debtcamel that without evidence of the CCA I do not have to continue paying the monthly amount, which is a token amount I have been paying for years. I emailed her about this situation WITH LOWELL/RBS and she sign posted me to leaglebeagles re the question. Lowell/RBS are not able to produce the signed CCA associated with this debt/account only 6 credit card statements from 2020 then although they have not said in their letter, I am presuming the debt is unenforceable. So what I am asking is am I in a position to write back sating as they have not produce the CCA the debt is unenforceable and I am going to stop paying until such time they can produce the CCA. They have not started legal action against me
      Pinkish

Comment

Quote PALLASATHENA

I have been informed by debt camel that without evidence of the CCA I do not have to continue paying the monthly amount, which is a token amount I have been paying for years. I emailed debtcamel about this situation WITH LOWELL/RBS and they sign posted me to leaglebeagles re the question. Lowell/RBS are not able to produce the signed CCA associated with this debt/account only 6 credit card statements from 2020 then although they have not said in their letter, I am presuming the debt is unenforceable. So what I am asking is - am I in a position to write back stating as they have not produced the CCA the debt is unenforceable and I am going to stop paying until such time they can produce the CCA. They have not started legal action against me
        Pinkish

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X