• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN, Jumpin, Derby, Copeland street, Excel Parking,help needed, court claim received.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN, Jumpin, Derby, Copeland street, Excel Parking,help needed, court claim received.

Hi all,

Received a parking fine from Excel Parking Services Limited for using the Copeland street Car park in Derby.
    We went to the ‘jump in’ centre, not 100% sure who drove whether me or my wife and we used their car park as usual, been many times before. We got in late rushing about I thought the wife had put the info in the machine on entry and while we were leaving, she couldn’t be sure she did it on entry. I asked a staff member at the centre, and they said to pop it in now as it should be fine because we hadn’t been in more than two hours, we put the details in and left. We got the £100 fine through the post not long after with the £60 if paid quicker. I contested the charge on the basis that we used the centre and had proof that we were at the centre no more than the two hours given for using ‘Jump In’. The centre over the phone backed me 100% and even said they’d been told Excel weren’t doing this anymore.

They replied, having rejected that this was sufficient to not receive a fine. They acknowledged that I used the machine but only on the occasion on the way out of the centre. My total time in the car park backs up that hadn’t been more than 2 hours, in fact my total time in the car park was 1hour and 46minutes.

Reading online I soon discovered that this car park was notorious for receiving heavy parking fines from a harsh company in Excel Parking. The quickly climbed to the £100 then £170 and now as of this week I have received my Court Claim Form and a fine of £258.72 which was issued on 25/06/2024

I can’t be sure who was the driver on the day, but in naivety (or stupidity) I have stated it was me.
    The sign says to pay on entry but doesn’t give a time.
    I have proof I used the centre and the centre back me.

I have read horror stories on here from the same car park with charges given by the same company and I know mine doesn’t compare to some of the harsh treatment some have received but any help would be much appreciated.

I have an overarching concern as I’ve read that losing the case at court will result in me having a poor credit rating, is this true?

Many thanks

Tags: None

If you should lose a court case your credit rating will only be affected if you fail to pay the judgment award within 30 days.

You should acknowledge the court claim now, but do not yet enter a defence.

Please post up redacted copies of the original PCN, your appeal and the court claim, together with photos of the car park signage if possible

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply,

I have uploaded what i have. I managed to get through to 'jumping fun' today. The guy on the phone was great.
      He said the landlord had finally terminated the services of Excel on the site due to their treatment of his customers.
      He's gonna take a look at the cctv for me tomorrow and come back to let me know what he has, should definitely have at least footage of us using the machines on the way out, if we didn't on the way in!
      The reply letter as you'll see says they never got our reg on the day but we definitely put it in and didn't overstay our grace period of 2hrs.
      I spoke to their legal today to ask that question regarding CCJ held against me, i also said i likely have cctv footage of me now using the machine on the day, the guy on the phone said that if i can get an electronic copy of that, to send it them straight away.

it'll portably be noticed from the letters that i don't have copy of what i sent to them nor did i go to ISA in the given time after they turned down my appeal. I've made mistakes along the way, admittedly, your help at this stage is so greatly received.

Many thanks

Comment

Do acknowledge that court claim immediately.
        If you don't Excel could quite easily obtain a default judgment against you

No need to enter a defence yet as you will have until 27th July to do that, so wait until nearer the date and see what happens re the CCTV.

However, whatever happens and whatever Excel say do not ignore court directions

Meantime send a CPR31.14 request (template in SHOrTCUTS on right of this page) to DCB Legal.
        It will need amending for your situation

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X