• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Backdate rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdate rent

Hi, I wrote on here a few months ago re my son contesting a suddenly found 'Will' of his deceased father, just to quickly recap, my son is an only child, his father (my ex husband) passed away October 2023, there was no will and my son was 17 at the time so he died intestate, however just before my sons 18 birthday in Feb 2024 when we were about to apply for probate, his Dads brother and sister suddenly 'found' a will, to cut a long story short we believe this is faked and have a solicitor working on proving this at the moment, however my question to you all is this, my son has moved back home with me, he was living at the family home with his father and his fathers brother was staying there and ws unoficially paying my ex husband around £650 rent per month. When my ex husband passed my son moved back home with me and my ex husbands brother remained in the family home where he has been staying ever since rent free. As i mentioned, we are fighting this 'Will' and it's now suddenly dawned on me that as per this 'Will' my son has 70% of the family home and the brother and sister have 15% each, so can my son claim back dated rent for the past 8 months (and going forward until this is resolved) that his uncle has been living at the house rent free? This money would really help my son with his legal costs as his aunt and uncle are aparently entitled to claim their costs from the estate as they are conveniently mentioned as executors on the so called Will.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my son obviously has to pay our solicitor each time we contact them.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X