• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Out of Time Request for CPR 31:14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Time Request for CPR 31:14

Hello, I have a question,

What can I do if I already filed my defence statement with the Civil National Business Centre before I knew I had to request a CPR 31:14 from DCB Legal? The claimants Solicitor.

I don’t have any evidence of what the claimant is suggesting in their particulars of claim as they’ve failed to provide sufficient evidence.

I did write to the UK Parking Company limited doing a subject access request but I’ve not heard anything back yet.

Just to add context - DCB Legal advised the claimant would still wish to proceed after receiving my defence statement and I have now received their Questionnaire but the court has not sent mine yet.
    Last edited by Khadz; 18th June 2024, 14:30:PM.
    Tags: None

Below is my attempt at a defence. If you like I scan show there particulars of claim being sure to omit any personal information
    Attached Files

Comment

You can still make a request for copy documents under CPR31.14. There is no time limit by which you should make that request.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        You can still make a request for copy documents under CPR31.14. There is no time limit by which you should make that request.
        Thank you, for taking the time to respond to my post.

I did actually email them requesting this just in case on the 10th of June which will mean as of yesterday they were out of the 7day time-frame. Do you know what I do in this case?

Although, I have received the Directions Questionnaire from the claimants solicitors I have not yet received my questionnaire issued by the court.

Comment

You can download the Directions Questionnaire N180 here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...l-claims-track

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            You can download the Directions Questionnaire N180 here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...l-claims-track
            Thank you, very much!

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
              I have been taking in the material provided since yesterday and I am finding out a lot, but there is also a bit that still requires some processing.

Can I ask, about Section D of the document above - Time Limits 4.13? Is this suggesting that I ask the court byway of Directions Questionnaire N180 section D1, where I have indicated, 'No'. To consider punishing the litigant (Claimant) who does not comply with a time limit? Or am I off the mark and I can only ask this once the court have explicitly requested this from the claimant?

Perhaps I can do this but the directions questionnaire is not where it is done and again, I have missed the mark.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X