• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to take Booking.com to court ( as a host)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take Booking.com to court ( as a host)

Hi

We are host on Booking.com. Booking.com have blocked payments from guests who have stayed at our property totalling £1900. We owe them £949 in commision and they refuse to release our money until we settle the commission. I will not give them a further £949 with no guarantees that I will ever see the money they are holding ( our account with them is closed). They do not dispute the amounts and that we are in credit. My question - is there any system, like small claims court, open to us , since they are registered in Amsterdam?

We obviously do not want to have any further dealings with them once this is settled!
    Tags: None

Just curious, but as your account is closed anyway why haven't they offset and just paid you the £1,900 after deducting the £949 you owe them, ie paid you the net difference of £951?

If both you and Booking.com agree the £1,900 and the £949 why not just ask them to pay you the £951 difference? It would be cheaper and quicker for both of you.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

That is exactly what we have asked them to do. They simply refuse to offset their commission against our guest payments. They only way they say they will release our money is to pay them first. Is it legal?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X