• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours extension, threatening behaviour any advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours extension, threatening behaviour any advice please

Hi, my neighbours are building a 2 storey extension and have taken down half of the dividing fence in the back garden and took over a 15'x5' strip of my patio without my permission. I told them to stop but they carried on and told me they are also putting up scaffolding leading from my patio to the front of my property along my drive. It ended in my friend parking his van on my drive then them threatening to smash up his van and threatening us saying we don't know who we are messing with. I reported this to the police on Friday, heard nothing. This morning behind their erected fence on my property they have cut along my patio slabs so I called the police again. They said they could do nothing about the trespass but would be in touch at some point regarding the threating behaviour. I'm flabbergasted this is allowed to happen and unfortunately I don't have the money to involve solicitors as I'm disabled and all my money goes on care.

Thank you for reading, I really hope someone can advise
    Tags: None

Do they have planning? Get in touch with the council / your local councillor immediately. Hopefully someone else will come along with more ideas to help you

Comment

You can bring civil action for damages for trespass and an injunction to cease the trespass. Those are the legal remedies available to you.

Might you possibly have legal expenses insurance cover with your home policy?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

They have planning for their extension. I have a social worker at the council who came to see me last week. She had spoken with someone and assured me they couldn't erect scaffolding etc as it wasn't for repair. When I contacted her again saying what had happened she said if it was a council property they could of helped but as it's private that side it's more difficult. She has passed it onto someone else but they haven't been in touch and not replying to my calls

Comment

I don't have home insurance or anything like that

Comment

Find out who your local councillor is and contact them directly in person. Do the council own your property?

Comment

Yes, I moved to my bungalow 6 months ago. I will try and contact my councillor..thanks for my replies

I'm hoping leaving the van on my drive doesn't cause anymore threats. I'm not sure I should remove it and let them carry on. It's a bit scary to be honest.

Comment

I am sure it is. Awful that you are having to deal with this. The council should get involved as this impacts their property. You will need to keep at them to get action though and using your councillor is probably the best way. There is a local election this week so never a better time to get them to do something

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X