• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Litigation making offer without prejudice before filing defense for final hearing i

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litigation making offer without prejudice before filing defense for final hearing i

Is it possible to send an email letter with a settlement offer before filing a defense in civil litigation dispute Final Hearing case
    Tags: None

Of course it is, but do not forget to file your defence on time. And please spell defence correctly.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Can I not save on the defence filing cost if I have a settlement before the deadline

Comment

If that happens, then yes. But if it doesn't, file your defence on time, do not wait for a reply to your offer.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Litigant that isn't works for a Solicitors als has applied 20 years in Litigation accident claims and adr fully conversant with court protocol and
          a former
          paralegal. She flips. from referring to delays on legal advice not to agree to an exc

hangel of evidence. Claimant has claimed 2 emails one to me and one alleged I sent to her. She had access to my email account. We can't get helr to resend emails so IPS could be checked She refuses having said she wouldn't then she would and then back to will not send but will bring to court. As this is costing me £10.000 °how can I show the emails were not sent by me

Comment

Have sent ɓut doest seem to recognise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X