• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Partner falsely accused of assaulting me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner falsely accused of assaulting me

Hi, googled the hell out of this but not found anything that can help so here goes....

Long story short I was on a face time to my recently found birth dads wife. We have only met a couple of times. She tends to phone late at night and it pisses my partner off. One particular night 30 days ago my partner came down stairs and I was on the phone to "step mother" and my partner made a few comments and knocked a bottle of wine purposely off the table. My step mum doesn't like my partner but I didn't know how much.

My partner went up stairs and slammed the doors and the next thing i know the police are at my front door. Step mother (who lives in Sheffield) had phoned the police advising them that her and her son had witnessed my partner throwing a bottle of wine at my head. This never happened (and how did two people witness such an event at the same time on a video chat?). because they had called the police my partner was arrested.

I was contacted the next day to ask if i wanted to make a statement (I declined as what she was accused of never happened) and told by the police that my partner was on bail and part of her bail was that she was not allowed to have any contact with me. I told the police she could stay at the house and I would go to my mothers around the corner.

Since the evening in question I've had a bunch of voice messages of my step mother telling me that my partner has mental health issues and that she will end up killing me. I've now blocked her because she is a complete drama queen and I've also had to block and delete my birth father because he did not respond to a call and message from myself asking the step mother to stop.

All the crap they have caused i want nothing to do with them and should have listened to my birth mum along time ago that the family is just trouble.

It has been 30 days and I have heard nothing apart from a text the other day stating that the case was still under investigation. We have two sons and I am the bread winner. My partner does not deserve this. I dont know what to do for the best. Do I try and make a statement even though initially I didnt. Wont this prolong the outcome?

Please help.

Thank you
    Tags: None

In your situation I would speak to a solicitor. Ask them if you are best to make a statement. Keep the texts etc from the step mother - they are evidence of her attitude if this goes further. I get involved in cases such as this at court rather than with the Police so unsure of advice to give. I do know that often people refuse to give statements because they are afraid of their partner. The Police may be thinking that this is the case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X