• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine dispute

I have received a letter from DCB Ltd relating to a parking fine issued in November 23. I was not the driver at the time and the driver contacted the parking company to appeal saying he was driving and had registered the car at the gym and sent them conformation. I continued to receive letters and tried to contact them via the Website but as an appeal had already been made it would not allow me to launch another one. So i wrote to confirm that i was not the driver. They responded to say that i am still responsible and as i did not responded soon enough (even though an appeal was already showing as active and the driver had given his details ). I think they are saying that as i didn't initiate the appeal I am still liable as i am the keeper of the car? and if i don't pay the fine i maybe taken to court. Advice would be welcome
    Tags: None

Tell DCB Ltd that the PCN is disputed and they should return the alleged debt to their principals and cease requesting payment from you.

They will probably ignore you, but never mind !

Also write to the parking company telling them that they have been informed of the identity of the driver & his address (no need to repeat it to them) and so cannot transfer liability for any outstanding unpaid portion of the parking charge from the driver to you the registered keeper as per Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 schedule 4.
    Add that they should remove your data from their records forthwith and instruct their debt collectors to cease all collection activity.
    Add that if they take this matter to court , you will request your costs due to their unreasonable behaviour in pursuing a claim with no merit

Which parking company?
    And it is not a fine but an invoice!

Comment

Thank you for the advice its really helpful. The Parking company is Group Nexus

Comment

ahh! group Nexus, formerly CP Plus. ... a well known outfit for all the wrong reasons

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X