• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

O2 and Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 and Lowell

A few years ago i think maybe 5, I got an O2 contact sim card which I never used, i must admit i started ignoring O2s demands for payment and cancelled the DD, as i didnt think i should pay for a service i didnt use. O2 then got Lowell involved as i received a call from lowell demanding the £128, as i started to explain that i wasn't going to pay this as i hadn't used it, they hung up on me. Ever since i have been plagued by txt messages on my landline and mobile phone (100s) as well as a lot of letters, one of these letters even offered to reduce the debt by around 66% which i never accepted. The letters and txts and messages still continue to arrive for the full amount again. I feel like iam being stalked now as they leave messages and txts on both mobile and landline without my phone even ringing and sometimes 2-3 letters a week for 5 years, should i just pay it?
    Tags: None

Hi FLANGO

Welcome to LB

Before you do anything, send 02 a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to respond, make sure you get Proof of Postage

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Update the thread once you get the information.

Comment

Hi thanks for the speedy reply and info, ill get it sent today

Comment

Got A reply from O2 today, they said the information requested can on be made available on the production of a court order and my handwritten signature. as these are classed as third-party disclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by flange0 View Post
          Got A reply from O2 today, they said the information requested can on be made available on the production of a court order and my handwritten signature. as these are classed as third-party disclosure.
          I'm tempted to say that's 'nonsense'. Who is the 'Third-Party'?

You got the O2 sim, it's in your name, so there is no 'Third Party'.

If that is correct, write back (email it) saying, 'if they fail to comply with your SAR request,
          you want a final response / Deadlock letter and you will lodge a complaint with the ICO.

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/ge...ccess-request/

Comment

ok i called them today as i couldnt find a relevant email address to contact them on, they couldnt find any reference to the letter i received even with the ref No. The chap logged an official complaint for me about the harrassment from Lowells, and instructed me to stand by and keep my line clear as a managaer was going to call me back, they havent calleded as of yet.!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X