• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car insurance advice pls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car insurance advice pls

Hi all apologies if this is a stupid question. My wife and I each have our own cars and we are both are main policy holders with different insurers.
    We are both named drivers on each others policies.
    She had minor accident in her own car she was driving. Her insurer was informed and all sorted out. This accident will obviously stay on her own policy for 5 yrs.
    I informed my insurer and a note was put on my policy against my wife's name (as she is named driver) stating the accident she had in her own car.
    My wife no longer wants to be named driver on my policy now or in the future, so I have taken her off my policy.
    So when I next shop around for renewal quotes, do I need to inform any future insurers of my wifes accident if my wife is no longer a named driver on my policy were it states: " have you or any named drivers had any accidents or claims in the last 5 yrs regardless of fault"
    I don't think I need too tell any new insurers. As no claim on my insurance policy for my wife's accident. Just note by wife's name of the accident she had in her own car.
    But my wife thinks I need to tell any new insurers. Even if she is NOT named driver on my policy, as her accident will stay both our insurance histories and could cause issues.
    Who is correct? Me or my wife. I would really appreciate advice from you all.
    Tags: None

" have you or any named drivers had any accidents or claims in the last 5 yrs regardless of fault" seems clear to me. At next renewal you only have to disclose accidents or claims of a a named driver who is named on the policy (and of yourself obviously). Your wife won't be a named driver so her accident/claims record does not need to be disclosed.

Her accident was previously disclosed and recorded because at that time she was a named driver. Now she isn't.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X