• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Support letter for court appearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support letter for court appearance

Hi my grandson is in court for speeding soon and he doesn’t want to lose his license it was early morning on the motorway so clear roads so think it was 90mph ish and as he’s a fitter out he drives for his work he’s asked if I would write him a support letter saying how he’s a great support to me if I need him to take me shopping or to appointments etc what I want to know is should it be done as bullet points and if so what does it need to say and how please
    Tags: None

Here are the guidelines
    https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...-revised-2017/
    91-100 will get him a fine of his weekly income plus Disqualify 7 – 28 days OR 4 – 6 points
    Just saying he is support for you will not really help. You have to give further reasons - are you disabled, is there noone else who can drive, what would be the impact if he is banned on you and others as well as him?
    Ensure his employer also writes.
    Do a formal letter but make the points clearly and as briefly as possible - magistrates deal with many cases in one day and do not have time to wade through lots of flowery language
    Be respectful and ensure you stress he has learnt his lesson
    Good luck

Comment

already answered by islandgirl

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X