• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

eviction from allotment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eviction from allotment

I recently took tenancy of a plot on local allotment site. All plots are new and undeveloped. The site backs onto my garden and I have access over the back. The Council were aware of this at the time of allocating the plot and allowed me to take the one directly behind my house. However, some areas surrounding the allotment site has Japanese Knot Weed growing on it and signs were put to warn tenants not to go in that area. A month or so after signing the lease, a neighbour noticed Knot Weed growing behind my house and contacted both the Land Owner's agents and the Council stating I was access the area. The Council sent me two letters in quick succession telling me not to access through the back of my house. Since receiving these letters, I have not and have blocked up entry. However, despite this, I keep being accused- despite the pathway being historical and new plant growth growing (slowly due to winter). Basically, the Land Owner's agent threatened to close the site if the areas where Knot Weed was present kept getting disturbed. Consequently, they just wanted me gone and have accused me of all sorts, with no evidence- white goods being stored on my plot, plot in disarray, my dog's fouling on other tenants., the list goes on and on. I have NEVER received any notices from them but just over a month ago, received an eviction letter. I immediately sent in a very detailed appeal, which was denied. I have since asked for a SARs (as know they have no evidence and no meeting have been held regarding this). There is no committee, just the Town Clark who reacts to any gossip given to her by her. I am also going to contact a councillor today to put pressure on but I need to know where I stand legally here? Any help would be appreciated. In my appeal I suggested I put up a permanent fence at the back of mine and install CCTV to counteract any more malicious accusations- but they are not interested- they just want me gone.
    I have just 3 weeks to remove my belongings from the site- should I refuse to leave? If so, what follows?
    Is the eviction letter valid if I haven't received any notices prior?
    I'm also concerned that, even when I am gone, the accusations of crossing the area will continue - what then?
    Should they legally have a committee?
    Tags: None

Hi Eva

Welcome to LB

Because 'they want you gone', who would benefit from that?

Is there anyone who would benefit from that? another interested party in the allotment.

Did they provide Terms and Conditions for the allotment? What you can't do on the allotment? What they have to evict you?

From what you say, 'they have no evidence', they are 'harassing' you to drive you out, in that case you maybe covered by the Prevention of Harassment Act 1997.

Paragraphs would be good in your initial post.

Comment

It's a very malicious neighbour- no benifit to them BUT, they did go directly to the Land Owner's with their accusations. The Land Owner's then threatened the Council with closing the allotment site if people were entering the Knot Weed. The irony is, with my constant emails to the Town Clark and the request for SAR - which was sent today, she had tied herself in knots and has provided false reports, clear evidence of targetted harassment, not following procedures, evidence showing that I could clearly not access the site as I had placed materials there which prevented me doing so...... BUT, to obtain these pictures, the 'official' had to enter the knot Weed site to take the pictures.
      I intend to throw the book at them!

Comment

Can you get statements from others who use the allotment?

Comment

When I pointed out the inconsistencies and informed her all parties involved in supplying false accusations against me would have to provide a witness statement, as I intended to proceed legally, she has shut me down- refusing to correspond with me anymore. The complaints she said others had raised are actually falsified and there is no way those cited as making these complains would support this and I expect, would be shocked that she had brought their names into it to support her decision. She needs firing, aside from being incompetent, she is falsifying reports. She also flapped that much that the false reports were actually after my eviction.
          I intend to pursue for defamation, malicious intent, fraud, harassment- anything that comes under what I can as I am beyond angry and tired of injustice from the powers that be.

Comment

I could approach the people she claimed made the accusations and inform them they will need to make formal witness statements as I intend to follow legal proceedings. I can also get other allotment holders to support me as all were very shocked. I also have so much photographic evidence etc

Comment

I could do this on the facebook sight so I have written records- is that legally ok?

Comment

Again- irony- the malicious neighbour has a plot too, her main residence is in London, not Cornwall- so legally, she shouldn't have one- I will also bring this to light on completion of all legal matters.
                She basically has an issue because I have stairs, over the back of my property to the allotment site. Her husband built them when the house was either a rental or unoccupied (it was for many years). We live in terrace cottages where they have permitted access rights across various people's back windows, allowing them access to a path that leads to the front of the houses (between mine and my neighbours). They do not have permitted rights to use the path leading to the allotments. This seems to be the issue.
                I'm not the only neighbour who has experienced malicious accusations targeted at them, via her. I know of 2 neighbours who have moved because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvaFoxtrain View Post
                  I could do this on the facebook sight so I have written records- is that legally ok?
                  I wouldn't do anything on Facebook, if you intend on starting proceedings.

Calm down, deep breaths, do stuff you enjoy, bake something, watch TV.

Do that whenever you feel stressed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X