• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Soccersixes CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccersixes CCJ

Hi I have had a problem with soccersixes due to not being possible to field a team anymore with 7 games of the season left I had to pull out of the league, and they told me I have to pay for the rest of the season.
    I got advice from another website to totally ignore everything from soccersixes because they can't do anything but now I have received an email from them saying they are going to issue me a CCJ. I will copy an paste the email. Can anybody help with what to do next?

Reference: RAIMONJS – 06/02/2024
    As it has not been possible to resolve this matter amicably, and it is apparent that court action may be necessary, I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct.
    You signed up a team for a full season and agreed to the terms and conditions there within. You have failed to fulfil the contract and/or pay for missed games and as such the full season is due plus costs.
    From you I am claiming unpaid fees, future game fees, Admin fees, court fees for the value of up to £500.00.
    I have calculated this sum to include the full season of games along with all additional fees and costs for noncompliance.
    An invoice can be provided along with a copy of the terms and conditions on which I intend to rely on for my claim against you.
    In accordance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct I would request that you provide me with copies of the following documents:
    Non applicable in this case.
    I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.
    I would invite you to put forward any proposals in this regard.
    [Alternatively you can set out details of any ADR scheme that you are prepared to use]
    In closing, I would draw your attention to paragraphs 15 and 16 of the Practice Direction which gives the courts the power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with the direction including failing to respond to this letter before claim.
    I look forward to hearing from you within the next 28 days.
    Should I not receive a response to my letter within this time frame then I anticipate that court action will be commenced with no further reference to you.
    Tags: None

Hi Connor1

Welcome to LB

Try to stay calm.

They have to lodge a claim, you can file a Defence, possible Mediation, exchange of Witness Statements, then there has to be a Hearing.
    If the Judgement goes against you and you ignore the Judgement, then they try to get a CCJ, again you can respond to it.

Why were you unable to field a team to fulfill fixtures for the rest of the season?

What do the T's and C's say about that? Although there are T's and C's they maybe 'unfair'.

Comment

Hi mate thanks for reply,
      I was unable to get enough players to commit for the rest of the season, after I told them the situation I managed to get players for 2 more games and them players refused to pay their subs so I paid for them but then after that I literally had noone else to play for me so couldn't carry on and I can't afford to carry on paying for each match. Their T and C's are..

hereby agree to and accept the terms and conditions below for the period of the above league session:
      • All teams are signed up to a full season which always consist of 10 weeks or more and are expected to play all fixtures. However, any team wishing to leave the league prior to the end of the season must contact the relevant League Manager and every attempt will be made to find a replacement, but without guarantee.
      • S6 operate a flexible squad system so an unlimited amount of players can be used to enable all teams field a team weekly and fulfil each league fixture.
      • You will pay us full match fee for cancelling a match or failing to attend a fixture. If a match is cancelled on less than 48 hours’ notice and we are unable to arrange your opponents another game you will also pay us the opponent’s match fee. As Team Organiser you agree to make full payment all fees charges and fines relating to your team. These are payable to us by debit card or bank transfer within 48 hours of the relevant fixture date.
      • If a team cancels then the opposing team must still turn up for a friendly if the game is provided by S6. The team will win 5-0 and pay for the match as normal.
      • Teams are automatically signed up to a new season, if any team does not wish to continue then a two week notice period must be given before the end of the current season by emailing the league manager with a request to leave 2 weeks prior to the end of the season (league managers details can be found above the league table on the website.
      • Teams are not allowed to leave the league with arrears. All debts must be cleared in full two weeks prior to the end of the season or a team will be automatically enrolled into the new season.
      • In the event of a major sports event or a one-off event that would prevent multiple teams from attending a fixture, in the best interest of the league and teams, Soccersixes may offer a reduced cancellation fee of £20 or an alternative playing date/time be offered to ensure pitch fees still are covered.
      • Any player receiving a red card will be fined £10 which is payable before playing again. Any serious discipline will be reported to the relevant County FA.
      • Deposit System
        • Deposits must be paid prior to the team’s first fixture
        • Teams will have their deposit returned as their final game with Soccersixes. The following must be carried out for this to coincide:
          • Teams must not have money outstanding, outstanding fees will be taken from the deposit.
          • Teams must turn up for all matches with out none attendances or cancellations. In order to continue after a cancellation or none attendance teams must pay their deposit again otherwise they could face removal and the deposit being used for our costs.
          • Teams must give 14 days written notice before the end of a season if they wish to leave, if not then the deposit will be rolled over into the new season and the team continues into said season

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X