• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

B&q shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&q shoplifting

Hi I accidentally left b&q with item in my
    pocket valued at around 4 pound as my hands were full of other stock and I completely forgot after paying, I had no intention of stealing this item but Im now receiving letters for 95 pound now up to 118 pound will this ever go to court ? Or what will happen
    Tags: None

Hi Liam

Welcome to LB

What you are receiving are speculative invoices, no breakdown of costs, any actual costs are accounted for in their business model. You should ignore the letters, file them away.

The likelyhood of it going to Court is 'zero'. Get on with your 'day to day' life. Update the thread if anything happens, we can advise you.

Comment

Letter before feferal. Civil recovery solutions

civil claim on behalf of our client.

Civil Recovery Solutions wrote to you on 29 December 2023 and 12 January 2024 setting out the grounds for We are disappointed to note that despite our attempts to contact you, you have failed to resolve this matter and therefore this issue remains outstanding. Please note that we cannot assist you if you ignore our correspondence.

Unfortunately if we do not hear from you in order to obtain an amicable resolution within 28 days from the date of this letter we will have no alternative but to refer this case back to our client advising them of their option to proceed with Court Action in order to recover their losses.

Why should I respond to this Notice?

Should proceedings be issued against you this may result in:

A court action to obtain a County Court Judgment against you, this would affect your credit rating.

: A successful court action may lead to the use of Enforcement Agents to recover the sum due.

The court may grant an Attachment of Earnings Order to obtain repayment from your employer directly from your salary.

• The Court may grant a charge to be placed against your home.

Where Court Proceedings are issued this may result in an increased sum owed due to Court Fees and added interest. The Court will also consider any failure to respond to correspondence when making such orders for costs and interest.

What should I do if I cannot pay in full?

We do not take these actions lightly and are sympathetic to your situation. We would like to help you resoive this matter as easily as possible. Payment can be made via several methods, please see the reverse for details.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties you should contact us immediately to discuss the possibility of paying by regular instalments. You can contact our experienced claims advisers during normal working hours (9am to 5pm Mon to Fri) on 0871 288 3823.

This letter is also to confirm that the Settlement Figure offered to you on 29 December 2023 and 12 January

2024 has formally been withdrawn.

Yours sincerely,

Sull

John Burton

On behalf of Civil Recovery Solutions Limited

Comment

Claim value: £118.94

Comment

Originally posted by Liamtheasker View Post
          Claim value: £118.94
          As previously advised ignore / file away. Get on with your 'day to day' life, have a good day.

Comment

So what just ignore the letters ? Will they not just keep sending them ?

Comment

Yep, just ignore.
              They will send a few more scary letters, and may even get their red crayon out.

The only thing one never ignores is a proper court claim, and you won't get one of those!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X