• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sub contracting - inter company invoices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub contracting - inter company invoices

Hello,

Can anyone advise if it is a legal requirement to provide inter company invoices if "Company A" sub contracts work to "Company B", when both companies are owned and directed by the same people?

In this case Company B has gone into liquidation, but advise given by the liquidator dealing with this liquidation, is that despite being advised (legally) that Company A was sub contracting work to Company B, they (the liquidator) have not been provided with any inter company invoices.

Given the creditors (of Company B) would have been due money from that sub contracted work, and given no CIS declarations/ payments have been made and as no invoices have been provided, does this constitute wrongful and or illegal trading by the directors of Company A / B

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Can anyone advise here please

Comment

I don't think that providing invoices can be said to be a legal requirement, but one would expect to see some form of paper trail. There may be some form of directors' misfeasance for a liquidator to look into.

Has the liquidator used his investigative powers under s236 Insolvency Act 1986?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Not sure. Is this something I can ask or find out. Thanks

Comment

Yes. It is something you can ask or find out.

The best person to ask would be the liquidator!
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I did mean aside from asking the liquidator directly. It would seem from reading the complications of exercising S236 or indeed S234, that there really are no incentives for the liquidator to use these powers due to costs. The whole process seems thwarted with legal loop holes and money grabbing legal systems, effectively providing ways to allow those that owe money, to avoid paying, by making the process of proving those debts to expensive. It’s ironic !

Comment

Exactly. It is like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you've already paid.

UK insolvency law is fine in theory, but beyond that very rarely achieves anything for unsecured creditors.

I think I have previously mentioned the wisdom of managing risk, good credit control etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X