• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Criminal damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
    Have you passed it to the CPS? Make sure they know about it in advance if you can. Bring everything with you on the morning of the trial. If he is not accused of harrassment etc it will not be admissible but the CPS lawyer will help you if they can. Ask well in advance for screens if they will help.
    Thankyou. Yes everything was originally reported and given to police but they didn’t do anything even when I chased them up about it. There were some really vile posts he put up on social media about my daughter. He did it to get my attention as I had blocked him on everything. Yes I have asked for screens also to go into court via separate entrance and wait in separate room.
    also what questions will I be asked will they only be on the 2 statements I gave on the two incidents.

Comment

I am glad you have special measures to assist (screens etc). You will be asked questions by the prosecution and then cross examined by the defence. They will want to stick to facts regarding the incidents which form the charges. You will be stopped if you stray too far away from these matters. Usually courts are very understanding of the stresses of being a witness and will try to make it as comfortable as possible for you. Try to speak to the prosecutor on the morning of the trial (they are sometimes agents who will only have got the paperwork the day before) and explain your situation. Good luck.

Comment

Thankyou for your help. I will let you know the outcome.

Comment

Just an update and a question. Firstly he changed his plea to guilty.
          The court appointed prosecutor I was appointed was not very helpful. She didn’t want to talk to me every time I went to say something so shut me down. Refused to take any other paperwork I had. I even had to make an issue for her to submit my victim statement.
          So my ex the defendant claims he has paid me £500 for the damages he caused. He did but it was not for the damages it was a refund on mobility car that I originally paid.
          the Judge has given him till Friday to bring in his bank statements. I told my prosecutor that I have text to prove him to be lying and the £500 was the car refund. She point blank refused to look at them and when I asked can I email them to her she said no you have send them to the investigating officer.
          I find this a total injustice that the criminal can walk in and out of court to provide what he wants. But me the victim can’t.

Comment

I am glad you have special measures to assist (screens etc). You will be asked questions by the prosecution and then cross examined by the defence. They will want to stick to facts regarding the incidents which form the charges. You will be stopped if you stray too far away from these matters. Usually courts are very understanding of the stresses of being a witness and will try to make it as comfortable as possible for you. Try to speak to the prosecutor on the morning of the trial (they are sometimes agents who will only have got the paperwork the day before) and explain your situation. Good luck.
            He changed he plea to guilty on day.
            I was given court appointed prosecutor, who was not helpful at all. Before court every time I tried to say things to her that would have been useful she just point blank shut me down. Like for example when Judge asked about culpability prosecutor said yes she believes the crime was premeditated. Judge said no she doesn’t think so. If the prosecutor had listened to me as would have told her he had an hour and half journey by public transport to get to my address he knows no one else in area an he came at night.
            he also claims he’s given me £500 towards damages. Yes he did give it to me but not for what he says. So Judge gave him till the Friday to show his bank statement. I have texts evidence to show the money was for something else. I did manage to get them submitted by police but the court refused them. So he can walk in with his evidence but I was not. So judge believed him and said I was not awarded any compensation. She just fined him £80.

Comment

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience, The CPS often get the case on the day and have many to deal with but that is no excuse. So he only got a fine? presumably also costs and victim surcharge and he has a criminal record. Not what you were hoping for - I am sorry

Comment

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience, The CPS often get the case on the day and have many to deal with but that is no excuse. So he only got a fine? presumably also costs and victim surcharge and he has a criminal record. Not what you were hoping for - I am sorry
                He only got the £80 that was it. No court costs or victim surcharge and the judge also refused a restraining order.

Comment

. Seems very odd. Victim surcharge is compulsory (except in financial hardship situations or where compensation is given priority). Costs are almost always awarded (probably £85) Was it a District Judge or magistrates?

Comment

. Seems very odd. Victim surcharge is compulsory (except in financial hardship situations or where compensation is given priority). Costs are almost always awarded (probably £85) Was it a District Judge or magistrates?
                    Hi only just got court letter today. He got £80 fine and £85 court costs.
                    he totally wrecked a £1000 washing machine tipped £80 of detergents out. So not only did I have to buy again all detergents but also another washing machine. Pay for disposal of old machine and delivery charge for new one.
                    Does the judge not take this into account

Comment

Yes if you request compensation it is often awarded. However it appears he said he had already paid you (even though this was incorrect).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X