• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Criminal damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal damage

My ex partner who I was only with for 14 months as found out he’s not a nice person. gained access to my brick outhouse which is my laundry room. He came at night gained access to my back garden by going to field at back and climbing over 2 very high fences. He then walked up my 100ft back garden and gained access to my out building. He then proceeded to smash up my £1400 washing machine and pour out all detergents etc amounting to £70. But on his escape he dropped his phone.. CPS are not charging him with the burglary ( have no idea why). But with 4 counts of criminal damage. The crime was obviously premeditated ( as he had hour and half journey to get to mine) on a vulnerable targeted victim. Causing me and my 2 ( are adult ) considerable fear as this was second time he showed up. First time he jumped and robbed me in street,which CPS are not charging him. What I’m asking here what kind of sentence if any will he get. But he has 76 past convictions petty theft, burglary and 1 GBH.
    Tags: None

Not to sound judgmental, but did you know he had 76 past convictions, when you started dating?

islandgirl knows quite a bit about sentences / convictions.

Comment

No I didn’t. Just as I didn’t know he was on drugs. But soon found out little by little. And it’s only just since he’s on bail for the crimes on me I found out his past convictions as police told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sox1000 View Post
        No I didn’t. Just as I didn’t know he was on drugs. But soon found out little by little. And it’s only just since he’s on bail for the crimes on me I found out his past convictions as police told me.
        I'm sorry you've gone through that experience.

You thought a 'good egg' who turned out to be a 'bad one'.

No doubt Islandgirl will know the answers. Sit tight.

Comment

Hi - sorry you have been through this. Here are the guidelines

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...iminal-damage/

WIthout full details I am guessing but it may fall into category A1 - sentencing range is from a Medium level community order to 3 months’ custody.

Previous convictions, vulnerable victim, offences committed on bail and domestic context are all aggrevating factors pushing this towards the top end. If he pleads guilty he will get a third off any sentence.

Comment

Hi thankyou for reply. He has continuously text me threatening,intimidating messages middle last year trying to get me to drop the charges. Which all have been reported. Even yesterday when he got his letter for court as he failed to show for bail. I got more threatening intimidating text which have been reported. But I have little faith in the justic system as CPS have dropped most charges. There was 5 now he is only being charged with the criminal damage.

Comment

You could ask for a restraining order against him so if he comes near your property he will be arrested. If he failed to meet a condition of his bail he will also be charged with a bail act offence.

Comment

It was text message. But because I replied no charge was given.
                bail condition is he’s not allowed in village where I live. So that’s just as good as restraining order.

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Just an update he has pleaded not guilty to 2 charges of criminal damage. The charge where he snuck into my back garden by climbing 2 high wooden fences and smashing up my washing machine and tipping £70 of detergents all over the room. (Which is my brick out house made into laundry room) on his escape he drops his phone. He is claiming he gave the phone for repair. That’s why I had it.
                    I hadn’t seen or spoke to him 10 weeks prior. The phone in question was 6 weeks old as he had contract phone in my name which I got blocked.
                    he is also texting me trying to intimidate me as I’ve never been to court he’s saying this is how it’s going to go down in court your whole life is going to be dragged up. He been accusing me of things. All have been reported. He claims he going to walk free as I was trying to frame him.

Comment

witness intimidation is a serious thing. Press the Police to add this charge (via the CPS)
                      Do not be afraid of the court process - it will be a mags court which is far more informal than Crown. You will be well looked after by the ushers and court staff

Comment

Hi thanks for response. But he’s been intimidating me for over a year. I sent in pages of screen shots far back as last May. And nothing was done. Because I answered he text. I did say it is intimidation
                        as he’s pleaded not guilty with the excuse he gave will I be asked to tell my side of the events.
                        will we both be questioned.
                        Last edited by Sox1000; 5th March 2024, 16:40:PM.

Comment

I assume you will appear as a witness. You will be questioned by the prosecution then cross examined by his defence. Magistrates may also have some questions. You will be looked after in court. If you feel intimidated you can ask for special measures (eg a screen so he cannot see you give your evidence and you cannot see him). This must be asked for well in advance of the hearing. I would go back to the Police re intimidation and insist they see you and deal with it. It is entirely wrong and a crime

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X