• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chased for debt Iam not responsible for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chased for debt Iam not responsible for

A well known Debt collector via solicitors, have issued a CC Claim on two credit agreements that I don't recognise and am not responsible for. Original creditors; both defaulted 2016. I challenged the lawyers/debt collector, asking for CCA's and have sent back acknowledgment submitting my defence to the court. I then mailed a second letter to the lawyers, requesting Credit Agreements and a breakdown of the accounts. I subsequently received a letter from them containing a list of transactions with no branding or creditor contact info. However, they are yet to provide me with CCA’s requested. I have now been offered mediation, I really don’t see any point in this, when they haven’t sent the credit agreements, on which they rely for their claim. Can you please advise how I should respond. Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi TAPPER123

Welcome to LB

I would state that although you would like mediation, the Creditor hasn't complied with your requests for documentation.

If you haven't made any payments in the last 6 years and haven't acknowledging the debt in writing, then the debt is statute barred. You should have stated this in your Defence document.

Comment

Hi There

Thank you for your reply and warm welcome.

My stance is that I'm not responsible for the debt.

Are you saying I should write back to the lawyer, lowell or the court and state their noncompliance?

regards

Comment

Yes, explain that the Creditor / Solicitors hasn't complied with your CCA request, so you can't do mediation until they do so.

Don't say you don't want mediation.

Fill in the following and copy / paste back to this thread. Leave out personal information:-

Received a claim? Yes/No:
        Issue Date:
        Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
        Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000)
        Claimant’s Name:
        Solicitors Firm:
        Original Creditor:
        Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
        Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
        Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
        List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
        Any Other Information or Background Details:

Comment

Hi Echat…

Will fill out when in the office later.

Daft question- excuse me- Should I still tick the yes box for meditation, on the court paperwork ?

Comment

Or just make the statement in the notes?

Comment

I'd tick that you want mediation, but write in the notes that you have not received the requested documentation from the Creditor / Solicitors.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi Again,
                  Im filling out the court form now, not sure where to write the notes, presumably I just write in the mediation section, under the tick boxes?
                  apologies, just want to get it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Tapper123 View Post
                    Hi Again,
                    Im filling out the court form now, not sure where to write the notes, presumably I just write in the mediation section, under the tick boxes?
                    apologies, just want to get it right!
                    Attach a sheet, stapled, write Reference A1, add the notes to the sheet. That way, there aren't any errors.

Comment

thank you again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X