• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

only 3 winter tyres delivered - unsafe to use - options ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only 3 winter tyres delivered - unsafe to use - options ?

I ordered 4 winter tyres, but after 26 days only 3 arrived. Company suggests they made error in warehouse. Initially they suggested that they would just charge me for 3. I pointed out unsafe to use 3; so asked for 4th tyre to be sent. One week later they are unable to confirm if shipped. What are my options ? Can I reject and get them to pick up incomplete order of 3 tyres; and return my money onto my credit card ? Do I have any leverage to get an answer as to whether 4th tyre is in transit ? (they have it in stock on their website)
    Tags: None

As you cannot use 3 winter tyres and need 4 to be safe when driving the car, the goods (3 tyres only) are not fit for purpose and you can reject them under CRA 2015.
    You should contact the company to find out if the 4th tyre has been dispatched, and if it has when is the latest date for delivery.
    If the company will not answer the above (they could have sold out but still taking customers' orders) you should let them know you are exercising your legal right to reject the goods for a full refund (including any delivery charge) which should be collected at no charge to you within 14 days.
    If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can raise a Section 75 claim with your credit card company.

Comment

If the tyres were ordered on line you will also be covered by the distance selling regulations.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X