• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello and vehicle rejection query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and vehicle rejection query

Hello, can a nice person please point me to the section where I can ask a question about car rejection, the dealership for my brand new car is about to argue my rejection (the car broke on the drive away from the dealership) and I would like some infornation.
    Tags: None

You are find in this forum area. Just post up your issue in more detail which will be helpful. Many thanks
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Excellent, thank you.

I recently traded my car in part exchange to a garage and they agreed to settle the finance, standard kind of situation.

Unfortunately the brand new car broke on the drive away from the dealership and they haven't been able to fix it so I am in the process of rejecting the vehicle.

However the dealership told me that because I am rejecting my new car,my old car part exchange is still my responsibility even though I have documents from the handover showing they agreed to settle and have started the transfer of ownership from the V5C.

Are they correct? Everything I am reading on the internet seems to suggest otherwise.

Comment

Further information, the dealership has contacted myself again and said that although they have agreed the reasons for rejection they want to give the vehicle back as its not been moved/sold on. The car however has transferred to being "in trade" and will now have additional registered names on the logbook devaluing the part exchange and as such the deal can not be fully restored to before I drove the new vehicle away.

Do I have to accept the part exchange vehicle back?

Comment

This question is difficult to answer. I am unable to find case law about your question, nor can I find anything in CRA 2015.
          Had your traded in car been sent to auction then the dealer would not have been in a position to return it, and this can upset some customers when they find out they can't get their old car back.
          In your case you rejected the new car very quickly before the dealer had a chance to sell your old car on.
          So the dealer is in a position to unwind the contract and he can return your car plus the money you paid.
          Devaluation of the cars works both ways. Your old car may have devalued because it has one additional owner and the new car will have devalued for the same reason, possibly with additional mileage too.
          It seems to me the dealer is making a fair deal. What are you going to do if the dealer refuses rejection because you won't take your car back?

Comment

If your "brand new car" was purchased with finance, don't forget to inform the finance company of the rejection

Comment

Thank you for the answers, I believe you are right and I am left in a difficult position but I agree the dealers have given an offer worth considering. So, once again, thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X