• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Recovery letter for unpaid (alleged) PCN. Original PCN not received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Recovery letter for unpaid (alleged) PCN. Original PCN not received

Hi there, I am a newbie. I drive a car owned by my limited company. I have received a letter from Trace Debt Recovery, acting on behalf of 3D Parking Limited, claiming I've not paid for parking charges. The letter states the alleged offence occurred on the 11th Sept, it states my car VRN and a case ID/ client reference. I have no recollection of this alleged contravnetion. It does not state where the alleged parking contravention took place. I have not received a letter (PCN) from 3D Parking Limited. the vehicle v5 is up to date (with the DVLA) and registered to the company address (which is my home). My plan is to send a SAR to 3D Parking Limited and ask for all the information they hold on my company, but can I do this as the SAR relates to a limited company not an individual? I do not indend to divulge anyt private info inclusing my name. Here's what I plan on sending - does it make sense, is there a better approach?

XXX Ltd
    Company Address

4th November 2023

To:
    3D Parking Limited
    International House
    24 Holburn Viaduct,
    City of London, LONDON
    +44 345 257 3120

For the Urgent Attention of : The Dear Data Protection Officer 3D Parking Limited

Subject Access Request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) ) concerning: XXXX Ltd

Trace Debt Recovery has contacted XXX Ltd concerning seeking payment of funds on your behalf “3D Parking Limited.” Trace Debt Recovery Case ID 313017599, Client Reference, 166614, Date of alleged PCN: 11 September 2023.

Please supply the data about XXX Ltd, that XXXX Ltd is entitled to under the data protection law.

This should include a copy of the original PCN sent to XXX Ltd.

It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member.

If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

Company Director
    XXX Ltd

Tags: None

You can also write to the debt collectors, telling them the matter is disputed and they should return the matter to their principals and cease collection activities.
    Warn them that to continue collection activities will result in a claim against them for harassment.

Comment

thanks des8

Comment

PS do not identify the driver when contacting them

Comment

thanks des8. I will not identify the driver in any of the correspondence. I have emailed the debt collection company and plan to contact 3D parking limited shortly. does my proposed SAR make sense?

Comment

here is an updated version of the letter I plan to send:

5th November 2023

To: 3D Parking Limited
            International House
            24 Holburn Viaduct,
            City of London, EC1A 2BN,
            LONDON

+44 345 257 3120

For the Urgent Attention of: The Data Protection Officer 3D Parking Limited, Company Number 07252246. Company Registered Address: International House, 36-38 Cornhill, London, England, EC3V 3NG.

Subject Access Request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) ) concerning: XXXX Ltd

Dear Sir/ Madam, Trace Debt Recovery has contacted XXX Ltd on your behalf (3D Parking Limited ).

The following information was included in correspondence to XXX Ltd from Trace Debt Recovery:
            • Case ID 313017599
            • Client Reference 166614
            • Date of alleged Parking Charge Notice (PCN)
            • Date of Posting the “Demand” from Trace Recovery Ltd

Please supply the data that you hold about XXX Ltd, that XXX Ltd is entitled to under the data protection law.

This should include a copy of the original PCN sent to XXX Ltd.

It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please urgently pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member.

If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

Managing Director
            XXXX Ltd

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter

Comment

I would actually give them as little detail as possible about what you want and would keep it to:
                Please supply the data that you hold about XXX Ltd, that XXX Ltd is entitled to under the data protection law.

Comment

thanks to everyone for your advice. I have contacted 3D Parking - let's see what they respond with.

Comment

For clarity data protection rules don't apply to companies, so you might not obtain any response.

was the pcn addressed to you personally or to the company?

Comment

Hi all,

today I received a reply from the the debt recovery company, Trace Limited, having sent them an email as as advised above. My email stated, "the matter is disputed and they should return the matter to their principals and cease collection activities & that to continue collection activities will result in a claim against them for harassment."

I received the reply below in response. Should I respond to it or ignore it?

Dear XXX Ltd,

Thank you for your recent correspondence relating to the above case reference. We have considered the points you raise in your letter and can advise as follows;

As per your recent correspondence – no appeals or payments have been made for this PCN.

Your avenue to appeal has now expired, our client will not assess an appeal at this stage.

The original Notification of this charge offered you an opportunity to appeal against this PCN and gave you the appropriate information on how to do so. Your next opportunity to appeal is the county court.

Considering the evidence we hold, we have to advise that the PCN and its associated processes are in line with industry standards and are compliant with our clients Accredited Trade Association.

Please accept this letter as written confirmation that the above debt remains due and you must make payment of £160.00 no later than 14 days from the date of this letter to prevent further recovery action being taken.

Comment

I would ignore debt collectors for now and see what the parking company come up with,

Were the documents addressed to you personally or your company?

Comment

To my company

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X