• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sick pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick pay

hi all.. i am a disabled employee with renal failure. I commenced employment feb 22 and still remain working. my employers sickness policy is 3 month to1 year - 1 month, 1-2 years - 2 months rolling year.

i was off ill in august 22, approx 6th sept, and received a full one month sick pay until oct 7th 2022.!! at this point i remained off sick until october, but crucially i used my outstanding vacation days to extend my salary.

i then returned to work approx mid nov!

Unfortunately i have a further incident of illness for which i still remain off sick. This episode started aug 8th. i knew that i wouldn't be eligible for sick pay because i had exhausted the sick pay for 2022 last year. however, the date of oct 2022, 10th was the last day of my official sickness. so i believe i should be entitled to my new 2 month sickness pay from 10th oct 2023???

my employer is stating that i don't qualify for the 2 month full sick pay ((which i now qualify for on length of employment 1-2 years etc = 2 months full pay) . my employer is stating sick pay is on rolling year basis, But if this was the case would the rolling year be the last day of sickness of my previous illness period in 2022, being oct10th 2022? my argument is anything after oct 10th, 2023 becomes a new sick year? and i should qualify for 2 months sikcness pay, not just ssp.

any help appreciated
    Tags: None

A rolling year usually means that at the time a benefit is payable, the employer would look back a calendar year to see what you have received in that period, before establishing what your current entitlement is. So if you went off sick from 8 Aug 2023 they will look back 12 months from this date to see what amount of time you have had off. You said you were off in Aug 2022 when did this actually start and how long were you off for on sickness before you then took some time as holiday before returning in Nov 2022?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X