• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Form N181 - Filling in as claimant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form N181 - Filling in as claimant

Hi - I am representing myself with a claim for loss of earnings due to my freeholder not carrying out his duties and repairing the roof to our property, which has resulted in me not being able to rent my property for 8 months. I need to complete Form N181 and was wondering if anyone could help me in how to complete each section and how much detail I need to give at this stage. Thank you so much in advance.
    Tags: None

One short question that requires a very long answer.
    Please read the article at https://helix-law.co.uk/how-to-fill-...questionnaire/
    Completing Form N181 is covered in this article.

Comment

If you are unsure how to answer a particular question on the form, you could try posting on this forum and hopefully a forum member will be able to help.

Comment

I am not sure what it means when it says I have to attach order for directions which I seek or section I when it it says do I intend to make applications in the future??

Comment

The Government has published guidance notes titled "What to do when a civil court gives you instructions". You should read this article. It covers topics such as court orders, directions, pre-action protocols, witness statements, scott schedules, document disclosure, expert witness.
          What is the value of your claim?
          Are you a first time litigant-in-person?

Comment

Download the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person - link in my signature.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Value of my claim is just below £15,000 and I am a first time LIP. I just can't seem to find anything that spells out in plain English how to complete directions of order. I have no idea what I should be attaching or how I should be wording it. Thank you both for the download links though - much appreciated.

Comment

My advice only, you may wish to seek further advice.

D4 Disclosure of non-electronic documents
                Court bundles as CPR32 Para 27.1

E Experts
                Have you considered a single joint expert to prepare a report on the disrepairs

G Fast track claims are normally no longer than 1 day

I Other information
                If you intend to make an application for summary judgement, add another defendant, stay in proceedings etc insert that here

J Directions
                In accordance with CPR Part 28 rule 28.7

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X