• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart

Hi, anyone experienced dealings
    Tags: None

You may find the numerous previous threads helpful: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/sea...D&q=bank+smart
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Do you have a specific quation in relation to Bank Smart
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I need some help. I approached Bank Smart a good few years ago and they did get me refund on PPI. However, all these sudden extra charges and fees made the payback fees a lot higher than the 10% insinuated at first. I have paid a bit to them and then stopped as I discovered many had had problems too. I have now received a letter saying f I need to pay £99 a month to clear the still big 'debt' or they will take me to court for a CCJ. I have tried to negotiate a smaller monthly amount and they will not budge. I am terrified and so not know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gak101 View Post
          I need some help. I approached Bank Smart a good few years ago and they did get me refund on PPI. However, all these sudden extra charges and fees made the payback fees a lot higher than the 10% insinuated at first. I have paid a bit to them and then stopped as I discovered many had had problems too. I have now received a letter saying f I need to pay £99 a month to clear the still big 'debt' or they will take me to court for a CCJ. I have tried to negotiate a smaller monthly amount and they will not budge. I am terrified and so not know what to do.
          They did have a clause in earlier contracts that their fee was 10% of the refund amount but this was misleading as they also charged 100% all of the interest refunded like this:

BS.PNG

However these contracts were actually for default charges and not PPI so technically not applicable in any event. In my view they could be challenged on both the above counts.

To advise further I'd need to see your contract, info on what PPI amount(s) you were awarded and the invoice(s).

Comment

I don't have any paperwork for anything. I can send you the latest letter I have received. Today they emailed asking for an expenditure and income form- I am refusing as my financial information is none of their business. They h e given me until 22.11.23 to respond with the info or I e been threatened with court again. I actually feel sick and don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gak101 View Post
              I don't have any paperwork for anything. I can send you the latest letter I have received. Today they emailed asking for an expenditure and income form- I am refusing as my financial information is none of their business. They h e given me until 22.11.23 to respond with the info or I e been threatened with court again. I actually feel sick and don't know what to do.
              Don't worry, it's unlikely that they'll take you to court, let alone win.

Send me the letters but I don't need any of the forms. Send them to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

In the meantime it would be really helpful if you could tell me:

1) How many PPI refunds did they get for you?

2) When did you receive them and how much did you get?

3) When did you start paying them and how much have you paid them in total?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X