• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Restons

Hi, first post ... been paying Cabot monthly for 4 years and suddenly they want me to deal with Restons, not sure whether to comply, would this allow Restons to change terms etc?
    Tags: None

Hi SLIMCHANCER

Welcome to LB

Cabot are a DCA, Restons are solicitors, can't see any reason why it would change.

Is there a background regards the debt?

When was the account opened?

Comment

Thanks echat11, Restons act for Cabot, its a 6k bank loan debt and Cabot got judgement in 2017 I've been paying an agreed monthly amount to Cabot and now Restons want manage everything

Comment

Originally posted by Slimchancer View Post
        Thanks echat11, Restons act for Cabot, its a 6k bank loan debt and Cabot got judgement in 2017 I've been paying an agreed monthly amount to Cabot and now Restons want manage everything
        No doubt when Cabot reached agreement with you to pay a monthly amount, they asked you to fill in an, I & E form, then agreed to the monthly amount.

If Restons try to increase the payments, you just have to fill in a I & E form, make sure you take inconsideration the 'cost of living' crisis, include personal circumstances, health, work etc.

Offer to Non-Priority Creditor - Letter

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...-to-creditors/

Post an update if you need further input.

Comment

I refused to fill in the IE form, sent a cheque with offer and
          they cashed it

Comment

More info.... Cabot sent paperwork to my old address as I had recently moved and so managed to get 'Back Door CCJ' as I didn't reply, they also managed to get a final charge on my property despite it being jointly owned

Comment

I refused to fill in the IE form, sent a cheque with offer and
              they cashed it
              See what? if anything, they do. Update the thread.

Comment

More info.... Cabot sent paperwork to my old address as I had recently moved and so managed to get 'Back Door CCJ' as I didn't reply, they also managed to get a final charge on my property despite it being jointly owned
                You could of set aside the Judgement, but the time to do that has gone, because it should have been done when you found out about the Judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

See what? if anything, they do. Update the thread.
                  This was the original offer to Cabot, been paying that since 2017, I actually reduced it recently , maybe that's why they've passed it to Restons?

Comment

This was the original offer to Cabot, been paying that since 2017, I actually reduced it recently , maybe that's why they've passed it to Restons?
                    Maybe, but the best thing to do is wait and see, update the thread if there is any adverse movement by Restons.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X