• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Invisible Disability and rampant discrimination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Disability and rampant discrimination

So my bucket list of ailments are
    Autism
    Chronic IBS - 15 plus times a day
    Fibromyalgia or chronic pain- people think it's imagined so you just suck it up.
    Self employed and had surgery, yet a hospital stamped sick note not seen as a valid excuse for not wanting to work this week. I'm not eligible for any sick pay as I understand it so stopping home comes out of my savings.

After surgery I had paperwork for my GP and had an adverse reactions to medications, couldn't get through on phone so had to get lift in and unqualified receptionist told whole practice all my ailments and told to come and stand in line at 8am, slight problem it's next town and surgeon said not to stand for long periods.
    Called the next day and same issues- called 111 and told within 2 hours more like 5 plus.
    CQC, NHS complaint and GMC and miracle the doctors responded and altered medication.
    ​​​​​​
    My associate completely ignores the hospital sick note and I got bullied into attendance at a job-on it wouldn't be long or have to do much 4 hours later I got taken home.
    ​​​​​​Explanation that I felt like crap as full of morphine and ended up head in hands wanting to throw up at the site-totally disregarded.

My frustration is I have written verified health issues and surgery, hospital sick note and even a disabled badge, yet there is a total disregard and a view somehow I'm shirking.

After office hours I had a work related call I didn't answer, sure to receive a mouthful about that today.

I'm keen to go back to work, but pretty sure surgery, full of prescription medication and morphine are good reasons to recuperate.

Feels like I'm being treated like a fraud and bullied into unsuitable route back to work before I have recovered from surgery, I'm sure surgeon knows better than my associates.

​​It's disheartening.

Tags: None

Can you please confirm whether you are self-employed or are you employed under an employment contract with an employer?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
      Can you please confirm whether you are self-employed or are you employed under an employment contract with an employer?
      Self employed in a family business and the feeling that costing them money more of an issue, than my health or recovery from surgery.

Comment

As you are not an employee then unfortunately you are not entitled to Statutory sick pay.
        ​​​​
        There is Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)which if you are under State Pension age and you have a disability or health condition that affects how much you can work you may be able to claim. You will also need to have paid enough national insurance contributions for the past two tax years to gain sufficient national insurance credits.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X