• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught Shoplifting at Canary wharf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught Shoplifting at Canary wharf

Hello thanks for the time, this morning i was in a hurry and i didn't scan an entire bag with items , i paid but i immediately realize that i need to pay another bag of item i was in the self checkout, the lady come to me and say you need to talk with the security i was very scared of the conseguence, i try to explain the situation but they don't want to understand and say thaf they will call the police, they didn't call but the security ask me for an id i give him a italian driver licence because i'm just a tourist here and i don't have a address so in my Italian drivers licence he got just my name and my birthday with year as well but not my address in Italy.. And make a paper saying that i'm banned for life to waitrose. Now i have some question will they deliver something to my house in italy? Maybe they will find my address somewhere second can i go to a waitrose on tower hill or in Stratford? They will recognize me? And i'm very afraid that girlfriend who is live really close to the shop will ask someday to go there, they say to not come but what i should do? They took me a picture it's my first time it never happen something like this i'm still shaking.. How long do you think is good to not visit waitrose in Canary wharf or other waitrose? Thanks a lot i'm sorry for bothering you about this but i'm desperate.. I didn't get banned by canary wharf shopping mall so i've bednn lucky.. But the security look at me strange look likethey already know to keep eye on me.. Thanks again have a great day.. I wish that tonight i can sleep with your answer
    Tags: None

Hi ZAVVIFRAK

Welcome to LB

a) Now i have some question will they deliver something to my house in italy? Maybe they will find my address somewhere,

Very, very unlikely to happen.

b) second can i go to a waitrose on tower hill or in Stratford? They will recognize me?

If you go into those Waitrose stores, if security recognize you all they will do is ask you to leave.

c) And i'm very afraid that girlfriend who is live really close to the shop will ask someday to go there, they say to not come but what i should do?

Shop online, if you always have food in the house, no need to go into Waitrose, give it 3 / 4 months.

d) They took me a picture it's my first time it never happen something like this i'm still shaking.. How long do you think is good to not visit waitrose in Canary wharf or other waitrose?

Don't worry about the picture, give 3 / 4 months.

e) Thanks a lot i'm sorry for bothering you about this but i'm desperate.. I didn't get banned by canary wharf shopping mall so i've bednn lucky.. But the security look at me strange look likethey already know to keep eye on me.

Don't worry about shopping mail, security always look strangely at people, part of their job.

f) I wish that tonight i can sleep with your answer

They got the stuff back, it sounds like a genuine mistake, try to get some sleep, nothing is going to happen.

If you get any letters update the thread, you ignore the letters.

Comment

Hello ECHAT11

Thanks a lot for the fast answer and be very clear.. I don't know how say thanks proprerly because you save my mind.. Because i was very afraid of the conseguence i was stupid for doing this mistake.. By the way is most likely thst if i go to tower hill waitrose they will habe my picture somewhere and they will ask me to leave right? Ok i keep in my mind your word! I also think about shopping online, it's more convenient in terms of time and you don't need to worry about other things.. So maybe in july i will try to come back and see what happen.. Thanks again for your time, you were very kind.. The security guard seems kind but was very strict of course, hope he will forgive me

Comment

Originally posted by zavvifrak View Post
        Hello ECHAT11

Thanks a lot for the fast answer and be very clear.. I don't know how say thanks proprerly because you save my mind.. Because i was very afraid of the conseguence i was stupid for doing this mistake.. By the way is most likely thst if i go to tower hill waitrose they will habe my picture somewhere and they will ask me to leave right? Ok i keep in my mind your word! I also think about shopping online, it's more convenient in terms of time and you don't need to worry about other things.. So maybe in july i will try to come back and see what happen.. Thanks again for your time, you were very kind.. The security guard seems kind but was very strict of course, hope he will forgive me
        a) if i go to tower hill waitrose they will habe my picture somewhere and they will ask me to leave right? Ok

Yes, they will just ask you to leave, they got the goods back, they didn't call the police.

Comment

Ok perfect now everything it's clear now, last question so also for going to the tower hill or Stratford i should wait 4 month right? Thanks a lot again

Comment

most unlikely that security at Tower Hill or Stratford will recognise you

Comment

Even now? Maybe i will not go to any waitrose for one months or something like that and i will use online shopping.. And for the one in Canary wharf i will wait at least 3 months.. What happen is just crazy but i can understand is a procedure for scare people

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X