• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tenant in common death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant in common death

Hi
    My parents were tenants in common on a house they own which is rented out. I am my Mums executor and have grant of probate but never got round to changing the status of the house deeds.
    My Mums will is held in trust until my Dad passes away but at the moment she is still on the deeds and a minimal mortgage is owed on a fairly substantial property.
    My Mum died 7yrs ago.
    How do I change my Mums interest to my name as executor and main beneficiary as my Dad is 88 now and not too well compared to how he was. We put the house into a government trust years ago.My Dads happy to add my name but I never wanted to broach the subject as it meant removing my Lovely Mums name.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated xx
    Tags: None

"We put the house into a government trust years ago."
    ? USA?

Comment

No in England, it was to minimize care home fees but it’s irrelevant now I think because my Mum passed away and I never wanted to upset my Dad by taking my Mums name off deeds and putting mine in her place.
      Both their wills leave everything to me and my Daughter once my Dad passes away but everything is tied into my Dad so I’d never ask him for my Mums half of bank accounts etc as it’s his money and I love him to bits so not going to take anything from him .
      Im trying to find out how to put my own name in place of my Mums on the deeds as she left her share to me and they were tenants in common and I’m her executor with grant of her probate.
      My Dads will be 90 in a few years so need to start getting things sorted more for my Daughter in case anything happens to me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X