• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Congestion charge fines London 10 months after the fact..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congestion charge fines London 10 months after the fact..

Hi there! Yesterday I received 4 fines for driving through congestion charge zones in London (3 fines on one day in Januari '22 and one in februari '22) totalling 400 euros when paid within 14 days. I am willing to pay this, if this was all. Problem is, since januari I came to the UK for business multiple time, so I am a bit worried that a lot more will come. I found out that a PCN should be issued within 28 days after the offense. But I don't know if that also applies to a foreigner like me, living in The Netherlands. Im a law abiding citizen and of course willing to pay if I have done something wrong. But getting a fine should work like a feedback loop; however 10 months after the fact did not give me a chance to improve my "behavior". Any ideas what could be done about this and does anyone know if the 28 day limit applies to me as a Dutchie? Thanks in advance! Mart
    Tags: None

Good morning, nobody can help me out here?

Comment

The 28 daytime limit for issuing PCNs applies AFAIK to all cases.
      The fact you live abroad gives them problems collecting it anyway!

You might be better seeking advice on the Pepipoo forum ( http://www.pepipoo.com/ ) as they are the respected experts on council charges

Comment

Thanks DES8 for your reply! Thats great, I will go to that forum!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X