• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dwf Security costs shoplifting in ASDA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully support what you say Des. I wish everyone in society had that attitude. Besides, I wouldn't like to be judged like that.

Comment

Yes, I agree. I have reported the trolling post.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

veoh112 I completely understand and respect your anger and I would otherwise be inclined to agree, however I think from an outside perspective it’s very easy to draw simple conclusions where in fact their situation and reasons may be far far more complex, I think such a linear approach to hatred may not be the smartest. Also I never stated being male and so “He should go to jail” could really be referring to anyone - further proof that jumping to conclusions is not such a good thing. I wish you a great day and reserve any judgement on your opinion as I do not know you personally thanks

Comment

hello all, just an update, I have received a second letter from dwf further requesting payment. I was just wondering if through past cases you know how long they may continue to until eventually giving up or escalating things - merely for my own peace of mind. Thank you hope to hear back

Comment

I think DWF send four or five letters, but these firms continually change their process so it is hard to be certain.
            See here for examples from all sorts: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...s-rlp-and-dwf/

Comment

Ah okay, thank you very much DES you have been of great help I appreciate it ! The Third letter has arrived essentially a repeat of the last two, my friends are trying to recommend I pay the £90 owed but not the £125 for “security fees”, what would happen if I were to do this? would they simply continue to pursue me regardless?

Comment

I guess they would think they have hooked you, and redouble their efforts to obtain the balance.

If I was in your position I would continue to ignore on the likelihood Asda are unlikely to initiate a court claim.
                This is because it would cost them more than they could ever recover.

If perchance they send a proper letter before claim you could then admit the £90, but dispute their added on costs

The fact they have sent three letters so far is an indication the matter won't go further.
                Why send three when one or at most two would suffice?

Comment

Thank you again DES, that’s very much cleared things up for me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X