• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Contractor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Contractor

Hi Everyone, completely new here but lurked previously for help!

I have an issue with a contractor. We have a contract to have a conservatory roof converted from plastic to tile.

Long story short, despite me setting several deadlines for completion and a letter before Action the work has not been completed. I have requested a refund and this has not been forthcoming.

I would be grateful of some help with the following:

1) I paid a deposit via credit card through 'sum up' of
    £650. Can I section 75 this as the works have not been complete?

2) I paid for the tiles directly from the supplier to be delivered to the contractor but it now transpires that these have been supplies to the contractor in a different colour to that which I ordered. (Basically the contractor used these on another project). Can I claim this back through my credit card and section 75? :As this order has been delivered and changed without consent.

3) Should I just proceed straight to court rather than proceeding with the section 75's?

Many thanks in advance
    Phil

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X