• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Implied Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implied Contract

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could advise.

In an implied contract, i.e. no written contract but work carried out, applications for payment sent etc, how do I establish who the contract is between legally.

I have numerous payment schedules on headed paper from a business called 'XXXXX', and their shop frontage and vehicles all state the same name, along with facebook page references as well, yet they are claiming to be called something different now we are in a dispute.

Can you advise how I proceed re a court claim against them re the name I would need to insert to name them as the defendant. I presume it would be the company name from the payment application schedule etc, and not the name they have stated which implies now that they are a limited company. I haven't received anything until now that implies they are limited, and my relationship has only been verbal and or via the payment schedule or emails/text messages

Thanks
    Tags: None

I would use the name shown on the documents issued to you at the time.

I presume this is not a simple case of change of name, but an attempt to direct you to a different legal entity. Is this connected to your previous questions?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

If the business name on the headed paper does not include the word "limited" or "ltd" and the business registration number your claim should be naming the owner e.g "Joe Bloggs trading as XXXX"

Comment

Thanks, both, this is a new case sadly. I do wish we could stop rouge traders it is truly out of control

Comment

Perhaps a bit more due diligence on your part will find you a less colourful trader to do business with.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
            Perhaps a bit more due diligence on your part will find you a less colourful trader to do business with.
            With all due respect, you don't know what due diligence I did or didn't carry out before hand. As it happens I did everything I could to ensure this was a reputable company, so please refrain from the quite unnecessary implied circumstances that took place before this happened, its rather presumptuious of you and you come across as a bit of a 'know it all' to be honest, yet you don't have all of the facts, so best keep quiet in future your reply makes you look arrogant.

Comment

I think you mistook a friendly jest for somthing else entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
                I think you mistook a friendly jest for somthing else entirely.
                Hi, I don't think I did, if this was meant to be light hearted etc there are ways of ensuring that is understood. This response was just plain arrogant, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

It was an observation made having read your several threads Captain, although it did contain some gentle word play.

I am sorry, however, that I appear to have touched a nerve. That was not intended.
                  Last edited by atticus; 1st October 2022, 12:42:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                    It was an observation made having read your several threads Captain, although it did contain some gentle word play.

I am sorry, however, that I appear to have touched a nerve. That was not intended.
                    No worries, I have just a lot of hassle with a variety of builders despite a lot of homework and references plus double triple checking but there always seems to be a cowboy hiding in the woodwork.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X