• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Simple advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple advice please

Hello, if this is in the wrong place please accept my apology

i would like to know if the police, 6 in total, with body cams, talk to me in the street asking me to account for myself because they suspected me of something, and then let me go and said it is all good, but at NO POINT read me a caution, can they use that chat against me at a later date?

someone suspected some of something silly, police came, they had body cams on, didn’t tell me, i mentioned this to them, they still
    didnt tell me, I explained they’d made a mistake they kept me for about 45 minutes, NEVER once saying I have the right to remain silent, I gave them my ID

I am just suspicious of them
    and wonder if they Amy try again and use that chat against me
    Tags: None

You were not cautioned because you were not arrested. If you have nothing to hide and believe, as most honest citizens do, that the police are trying to do a good job, then accept the questioning as being helpful.

Please do not think or believe that questions from police officers are asking questions for nothing. They are trying their best and you happened to be someone they though may be able to help.

Other officers may chat to you again in the future, just be as helpful as you can. By showing the right attitude if questioned, you will get the right feelings for them. They are not your enemy!

Comment

Any duty to caution you arises when they have reason to suspect you of a criminal offence. Body cams do not change that.
      Talking to you to clarify your involvement or otherwise, may give rise to a duty to caution according to the circumstances.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X