• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car clamped and taken by newlyn for a debt of previous owner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car clamped and taken by newlyn for a debt of previous owner

My car was taken on Friday for apparently previous owner debt I was told by the enforcement officer that clearly he was looking for a man not woman I purchased the vehicle in March and sent of for a new logbook in my name but haven’t received it yet I have chased up about this but thought due to back logs this was the reason I’ve produced everything I can receipt of purchase copy of the v5 new keeper form that was filled in on date of purchase copy of insurance and newlyn are telling me I’m not getting car back and only have till Friday to put documents in ive contacted them through emails calls etc and no reply or answers they basically threaten me with what I’ve got to pay it’s not my debt I’ve payed for a car and getting nowhere they are saying they have email me they haven’t and when I call the information on slip that was given to me by inforcement agent don’t match up what can I do
    Tags: None

Hi, I have a few of questions.

1. Did the bailiff show you the writ that he was enforcing? If not, was there any reason why?
    2. Are you connected to the previous debt owner in any way or live within the vicinity of the previous debt owner?
    3. Do you have the details of the bailiff like a contact number or email address?
    4. Where did you purchase the car from?
    5. Did the bailiff say that the car was linked to the previous debt owner or were they linked to your address?
    6. Do you know the claimant?

It sounds like if everything is above board, you may have a valid claim against the bailiff and the claimant who instructed Newlyn however, it is quite often the case that the only way of stopping them is to bring legal proceedings for the return of your vehicle and you could also claim compensation for the loss of it. Bailiffs tend to be very underhand in order to get what they want so unless you pay up, your car may very well get sold on and then you will have a whole host of other issues I'm sure, so it's best to try and nip this in the bud now.

If you can help answer the questins above we can try to help you craft a letter to Newlyn and put them on notice that if the car isn't returned, legal action will be taken.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X