• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP

Hi I need help . I did something really stupid and that I知 never ever going to do again . I got caugh shoplifting at tkmaxx. They made me sign a bunning notice and made me paid for the things I was trying to steal . Am I going to get a RLP .. I知 so scared
    Tags: None

Hi, no need to be scared of anything.

You have been banned from TKMAXX ... I would consider that a benefit!
    You paid for the goods, so the store lost nothing, but did you retain the items?

You most probably will receive a number of demands from RLP for some imagined losses, but you can happily ignore these.
    They aren't very nice letters as they contain veiled threats about legal action, but this won't happen.
    Many years ago they tried court action and were soundly trounced and have never been back since.
    so just ignore RLP

Comment

But I still live with my parents and I don稚 want them to know . What can I do ?

Comment

Can I change the address ?

Comment

I doubt there is anything you can do.

You don't mention your age, but in any event your post should be private
          If your parents will inevitably find out I would advise you break the news to them yourself, as it will be less of a shock to them

It may be embarrassing, but i would hope that supportive parents would appreciate your actions were out of character, were of a minor nature (hardly the crime of the century) and that there was no loss to the retailer.
          Altho' they may be surprised and shocked, hopefully they will see the incident in perspective and give you the support you need

Comment

Ok thank you. I will talk to them today . I値l let you know

Comment

Excellent advice from Des8. Parents should never be underestimated.
              I'm sure nearly everyone does silly things when they are younger. The important thing is to learn from the experience.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X