• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Boundary dispute (Mediation enquiry)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boundary dispute (Mediation enquiry)

Hello, I wondered if anyone has used the Land Registry mediation service to determine a boundary.

Did you need to employ a surveyor to produce drawings, as this concerns a path between two gardens.

Did you employ a solicitor or did you represent yourself?

Thank you.

Tags: None

I am aware of a recent case involving one day of mediation (land registry issue) & it did not resolve anything.Very ,very expensive as Solicitors were involved. What existing drawings do you have that you wish to rely upon ? Be very clear on the information or details you wish to rely upon to evaluate the case yourself before going anywhere near the Solicitors. These situations can become very expensive,very quickly. Can you provide further details to explain the issue ?

Comment

Thank you for responding. This is regarding only one party not two having full exclusive use of a pathway that runs between two gardens. I thought drawings via a surveyor will be needed to visually give them some idea of what we are talking about. So from your point of view. Its better and cheaper to represent yourself it seems.

Comment

So are you relying upon your existing Land registry plans & Deeds to assert your view ? If so, have you viewed the other parties documents ? Do not go anywhere near a Surveyor at this stage. You need to spell out the issues. What is actually going wrong ?

Comment

Thank you. Noted what you have said about a surveyor. The other party is totally unreasonable and communication is zero due to their actions ie. urinating in our garden and general trespass issues. Visually every garden has a pathway exclusive for their own use. Our drawings do not offer any further information and will obtain a copy of theirs and see how we go from there. I thought Land Registry mediation might be a better avenue to try.

Comment

We want to fence completely to separate ourselves.

Comment

All understood, so do you have property deeds that state anything regarding paths or boundaries or erection of any fence ?? I hope you have not spent a penny as yet !!

Comment

No penny spent yet!! No I cannot see anything on the deeds that gives any further info about paths or boundaries.

Comment

Contact your Local planning authority & talk through the entire construction you propose.There comments will be helpful & may be enlightening. So are you absolutely clear as to the boundaries shown on your Land registry ? The last thing you want is to construct & then have neighbours complain that you may be on their property.Please come back to confirm the planning authority comments ?

Comment

Get a clear ikdea of just how much it is worth. If it is a sole and necessary means of access it may be worth a lot more. The value is the difference between the house's value with an without. Hold onto whatever the value you come to is keep it always at the front of your mind.

There is no rule that thee houses in a row will have similar layouts.

Comment

Perhaps you should post up a plan view/s to explain the existing situation & what you hope to achieve & prevent ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X