• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught shoplifting at asda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught shoplifting at asda

About 2 months ago I got caught shoplifting at Asda. Idk why I did it and it was pretty stupid to be honest. Anyways I got caught and as I was told to leave a worker stopped me and was telling me about the facial recognition and then told me I was banned. I was never told how long I was banned for, I was never given a letter of any kind, i was never told to give them my details. So now I’m wondering if I was actually really banned or if they were just trying to scare me?
    Tags: None

You'only find out by going back in.

If you are banned and you re enter the store you will be guilty of trespass.
    This is a civil offence and all they can do is ask you to leave.
    If you refuse toi go, they may use sufficient force to eject you.

If whilst there after being banned, you then steal, you could be charged with burglary, a much more serious offence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X