• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell - Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell - Welcome Finance

Hi guys. Just looking for abit of advice. Had a debt to welcome finance in October 2014, approx £2900. It be sneaky a CCJ in December 2014. I was paying £50 per month from end of 2014 until March 2017. The paymens after that we’re patchy but eventually payments ended in January 2021. The outstanding was still approx £1550. However, I asked for a reduction several times and was going to try and pay it off in one go. But was declined any discount. After January 2021, the debt was cleared from my credit file and there was nothing on my Lowell account? I had other debts on my Lowell account which I cleared after January 2021 , but the welcome finance one never reappeared. Is it because of being over 6 years ago? Anyway. I moved house recently, but then received a letter from Lowell asking for the £1550 owed to Welcome Finance? Can I still owe it? They have also offered me a 50% discount too? Any help is appreciated. Thank you
    Tags: None

If you have a receipt to say you have paid it, then send them a copy.

Where debt is concerned, it is unusual not to know if you owe money if you have kept records. If you have not kept records, then you can ask for details of the debt explaining that you thought the debt had been cleared. If it has not, then try and pay it of to avoid additional costs. Do check carefully as they could have made a mistake.

Comment

Hi Sam101. Thank you for reply. I do agree there is srill
      an outstanding amount of approx £1550. However, what confusing me is. Why did it go off my account for over 18 months and has only just resurfaced? It’s the same company in Lowell? There is also nothing on my credit file now as was over 6 years?

Comment

My guess is that somebody has gone through old records and found the debt, I guess try for a further reduction that owing,

Comment

Thanks for reply. Abit frustrating as when I last checked my Lowell account it was cleared off and not showing. As I cheated off other debts too. So thought everything was sorted and just thought it was wiped clear because had been over 6 years since debt was passed to them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X