• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fixed penalty notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed penalty notice

Received this letter today. about ten days ago I phoned the Council office at Grays, sat on the phone for at least 40 mins. I phoned again today as all you can get is to PAY THE MONEY. And so who this person is I have no idea, I don't even know where Morrisons is at Grays, so it looks like I am Guilty of an offence I know nothing about. Scan_20220803.png
    Tags: None

Are you trying to say that you are not Ashley Reeves, DE?

If so, I have little doubt that you will be able to write a suitable letter explaining the position. Your assumption that you are guilty appears incorrect.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Remove personal details.

Comment

Thurrock Council are breaching data protection principles (by sending you somebody else's personal data etc.

You shouldn't be phoning them, send letters get proof of postage.

Amend letter to suit.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...ion-complaint/

Comment

even when someone else has told the Council that he lives at DE's house? Where else should they send this?

I wonder if the person is even called by the name on the notice.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
            even when someone else has told the Council that he lives at DE's house? Where else should they send this?

I wonder if the person is even called by the name on the notice.
            Data Protection Principles are weird, there is a breach even if errors have been made. What makes this worse is, they have been given information to correct the FPN, but chose to completely ignore De.

I wonder if the Council carry out any checks before issuing, i.e. electoral roll etc. No doubt De pays Council Tax.

Comment

Scan_20220804.png
              Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Data Protection Principles are weird, there is a breach even if errors have been made. What makes this worse is, they have been given information to correct the FPN, but chose to completely ignore De.

I wonder if the Council carry out any checks before issuing, i.e. electoral roll etc. No doubt De pays Council Tax.
              Good morning Beagles. Many thanks for all the replies.My reply to this letter. I can only guess that this / there is a visitor who must know the postcode, and a letter drafted, and await the outcome, obviously, I will keep informed.

Comment

Thurrock Council are breaching data protection principles (by sending you somebody else's personal data etc.

You shouldn't be phoning them, send letters get proof of postage.

Amend letter to suit.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...ion-complaint/
                Thanks, E I copied the information for future

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
                  Scan_20220804.png

Good morning Beagles. Many thanks for all the replies.My reply to this letter. I can only guess that this / there is a visitor who must know the postcode, and a letter drafted, and await the outcome, obviously, I will keep informed.
                  Protection from Harassment Act is actually 1997 (amended), but minor detail, they will get the message, letter is very succinct.

Comment

Can't see this being a breach odf data protection laws.

The letter was not addressed to DE DOGS but to a Mr Reeves.
                    It should not have been opened (but that can happen inadvertently so no problem) but should have been reposted marked " unknown at this address Return to sender" (https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/wrongly-delivered and Sec 84 Postal Services Act 2000)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                      Can't see this being a breach odf data protection laws.

The letter was not addressed to DE DOGS but to a Mr Reeves.
                      It should not have been opened (but that can happen inadvertently so no problem) but should have been reposted marked " unknown at this address Return to sender" (https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/wrongly-delivered and Sec 84 Postal Services Act 2000)
                      Morning Des. You are correct the first letter was returned, I at this time I advertised for this Mr Reeves, but obviously no reply from him, Mesabi opened the second one,(Dementia) now receiving threats regards Court, as mentioned we are listed / named for Council Tax. But most of all thanks to all the Beagles for the kind replies.

Comment

Protection from Harassment Act is actually 1997 (amended), but minor detail, they will get the message, letter is very succinct.
                        It's Mr. Reeves, Data Protection Rights that has been breached because the FPN has been sent to the incorrect address.
                        As to whether Mr. Reeves gave a 'false address' is another matter, we just don't know.

Regardless the Council has the know how to check who lived at DE's address.

Comment

A phone call this afternoon, We will not be taking any further action, BUT this time they did a Council electoral check.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
                            A phone call this afternoon, We will not be taking any further action, BUT this time they did a Council electoral check.
                            Well done. They clearly have the 'technology' to check, so easy. When it's 'voting' time, they soon enough know where you live. Jokers.

Comment

it is worth checking whether littering on a private car park is a breach of the LA's anti littering bye-law.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X