• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HOA Document Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOA Document Request

Hello, new to forum and not quite sure where to post my question. Having problems obtaining documents from my HOA. While CC&Rs and other standard documents are available online, I’m interested in obtaining all relevant information about two recent projects, estimates / bids, contracts & invoices.

Maryland has a statute, which appears to me that it’s within my right to request such documents.

“Maryland Real Property Code: All books and records kept by or on behalf of the homeowners association shall be made available for examination or copying, or both, by a lot owner, a lot owner's mortgagee, or their respective duly authorized agents or attorneys, during normal business hours, and after reasonable notice.”

I’ve ask the management company how to go about requesting these documents but they have denied my request and I’m not sure what action to take in order to force their compliance with state law.

Thank.

Tags: None

This site is UK based suggest you search for a USA one.

We will not have the expertise in your laws.

Comment

Oh crap! Stupid me – sorry about that, thanks for letting me know.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X