• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conveyancing potential negligence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyancing potential negligence?

Hi Moved into new house, level 2 survey sent to conveyancing Co with actions. found lead piped mains water! sunp pump to basement ant 1.5m water in there.

I feel that's negligent.

Also conveyancing Co repeatedly sent emails containing personal info to an umkown email, after it giving been pointed out more than once.

I think that's a a data breach.

What do I do?
    Tags: None

should a level 2 survey have identified this lead pipe issue?

You should refer the data protection breaches to the ICO.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Were you not shown a copy of the survey?

Comment

Google - RICS level 2 survey, plenty of info there.

Comment

Were you not shown a copy of the survey?

The surbey is between you, your lender and the surveyor. The solicitor is not there to advise as to the condition of the property, but as to its legal title. It is not clear what you think he should have done that he didn't, so as to make him negligent.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X