• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Non payment of costs and Interim Charging order help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non payment of costs and Interim Charging order help please

In March we went to court and was ordered by the judge to pay costs which were summarily assessed.

We expected some kind of demand note from the other sides solicitors with bank details etc but did not receive anything

We have now just received an Interim Charging order on a property that we own.

Please can someone explain :

1. What the normal procedure is ? Should the solicitor have contacted me to ask for payment?

2. What I need to do to stop this Interim Charging order.

3. Do I need to contact the court or can I just deposit the payment into the claimants account and will that be the end of the matter?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

You could have made payment as ordered. It should not have been any problem for you to make a phone call requesting details of how and where to pay. As a result of non payment, you now may have additional costs to remove the charge, Contact the claimant and make payment and ask them to confirm payment so that an application can be made to remove the charge.

Comment

Q2. Pay now.

Q3. Both.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I didn't realize the onus was on me to ask for account details. There was ongoing litigation and I was in contact with the other party (my tenant) and their solicitor throughout. I thought that they would have at least had the decency to contact me before taking this sort of action but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

You were wrong. Make contact and pay up to clear this

Comment

You may have misunderstood the word "order". Your creditor may have thought you would have the decency to contact him to arrange payment.
            Last edited by atticus; 25th June 2022, 09:53:AM.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
              You may have misunderstood the word "order". Your creditor may have thought you would have the decency to contact him to arrange payment.
              Thankfully I have not had to go to court or experienced an 'order' before.

Thinking logically thought f there was a letter before action maybe the courts wouldnt be so busy!!

I am planning to pay the judgement amount into the tenants bank account and then send an email to the tenant and the court to inform them that this has been paid and asking for the interim order be removed, would that be the correct course of action?

Comment

That should work.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X