• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours shed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours shed

I live in an end terrace house. My gable end is part of my neighbours boundary and is in their garden. I have had banging on my walls for the last two days and when I looked over my fence saw my neighbour roofing two sheds that are attached to the outside of my house. I am unsure how long these sheds have been there. I've been in contact with my neighbour previously as there was ivy growing up the gable end, right upto my gutters. He dug up the ivy but I am unsure if it has caused any damage to the side of my house. I am concerned now about if he is causing damage by having the sheds there. Is he allowed to have them up against my house?
    Tags: None

Photo encl
    Attached Files

Comment

If your gable wall is built upto the boundary line, your neighbour can build upto his side, however his shed should not be attached to your property.
      If he has drilled or screwed into your wall he is trespassing.

Comment

The sheds are attached to my house. Is the best way forward to contact my neighbour directly as when I went around to ask about the drilling, he said it was just the air guns making a noise. He told me not to worry as the sheds are 2.5 ft away from my house. So he lied to my face. I don't want to fall out with them. Can I ask them to remove them from being attached and make good any repairs needed? What is the best way to approach this please? I've been trying to get this neighbour to cut back the trees overlooking my front garden for over a year now. The trees are taller than my house and cover over my car. I have disabilities and aren't able to do it myself.

Comment

Dealing with neighbours who take liberties is always difficult, but often the best way is to knock on the door and be upfront, but not confrontational.

You have every right to ask him to remove the fixings from your wall, and to make good the damage.
          If he refuses you could apply for a court injunction, but at that point you will surely stop exchanging Christmas cards!

Regarding the trees, you have the right to prune them back to the boundary, but you cannot compel your neighbour to do so, nor to pay the cost if you employb someone to do it.

Comment

Thank you, that is really helpful

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X