• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting

So I got caught stealing from Tesco (yes I know it's wrong I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my second baby I have a 17 month old and my partner has weed problem constantly taking my money to pay for his debts..I get less than £800 a month as it is)..either way I was struggling so tried to take £15 of shopping today I paid for some items then got called out that they saw me pack my shopping bag and not pay..so anyways there I am shaking pregnant with a crying toddler I said I didn't mean to I just wasn't thinking (obviously I knew I was trying not to pay but I was so embarrassed..) any how I paid for the items the guy I assume the manager after checking the CCTV comes to me and tells me I am banned..no police are called, no paper work no exchange of details just paid for my items got walked out by the security who repeated that I am not to shop here again as I am banned. So my question is...for how long am I banned? How will they know if I come back? Will they have told the police after I left? What's gunna happen now? I paid for the items and did as I was told but can I ever go back there?? It's my local Tesco I'm annoyed I did what I did..Its just such a tough time right now..how do they track who is banned? Like if I go there in a few months after baby is born with a different look new pram and 2 babies instead of one surely they will not know it's me right? Or would going back there ever again cause me more trouble? I feel so stupid. Thanks for any advice in advance

Tags: None

If our family member is on duty this weekend I will have a word with him. He is security at Tesco so he will be the one to ask.

Comment

Thank you, much appreciated

Comment

The best thing to do is avoid the place for a few months. Shop via internet, less stress for you all around. File away any letters you receive.

a)So my question is...for how long am I banned?

Who knows, if they haven't stated a period, then it could a day, a week, a month etc.

b)How will they know if I come back?

Depends if they recognize you or the payment method you choose.

c)Will they have told the police after I left? What's gunna happen now?

No they won't tell the police. You will receive speculative invoices, read for 20 seconds then just file.

d)I paid for the items and did as I was told but can I ever go back there??

Give it a few months.

e)It's my local Tesco I'm annoyed I did what I did..Its just such a tough time right now..how do they track who is banned?

Answered in 'b'.

f)Like if I go there in a few months after baby is born with a different look new pram and 2 babies instead of one surely they will not know it's me right?

It should be fine, the worst that would happen is that they would 'politely' ask you to leave.

g)Or would going back there ever again cause me more trouble? I feel so stupid.

In time you should be fine.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X